Backups no longer work!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gymbob, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gymbob

gymbob Registered Member

I have made backups of my boot drive previously and they worked fine. Since I downloaded and installed the latest version of True Image 9.0 (build 2,259) backups no longer work.

I have attached the log file which states that the disk is in use or the logical drive contains bad sectors. I have tried running checkdisk to repair bad sectors and it reports the disk is clean. I've tried everything I can think of short of reloading TrueImage or the OS. I have been using backup software for 20+ years and have always been able to resolve backup problems until now. If anyone has resolved an issue like this please reply and let me know. All help is welcome.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Your current build is outdated. Recommend that you download the most recent version and start over.

1. Un-install any options (secure zone & recovery console) of the old version.
    2. Un-install the old version.

3. Run chkdsk from the Recovery Console with the /R option.

4. Install the new version (from the registered users section)
    https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/

5. If your backups were stored in the secure zone, these backups will be deleted as part of the un-install.

6. If your *.tib backups files stored on an accessible drive, these files still usable.

Good luck!

3. gymbob

gymbob Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

4. Nosmas

Nosmas Registered Member

gymbob

As GroverH says your version of T I is out of date. I only bought my boxed set last week and it was v9.0 build 2302, but if you go to Acronis' site you will see that the latest build is 3677. Do be sure to uninstall your present version before installing the update - see my experience in my second post (#20) to this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144460.

I have had problems similar to yours with reported inability to read sectors and the drive sometimes not being recognised. Again referring to my posts on the above thread you will see that my research produced a suggestion that the USB cable or USB port might be the cause. Moving the cable to another port seems to have cured all my problems and I am able to use T I without any bother.

Hope this may assist you to solve your own problems.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gymbob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do as GroverH suggested and download the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please uninstall the previous version/build of Acronis True Image prior to the installation of the build 3677 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.