Backups jobs fail after upgrade to TrueImage 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikeblas, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

Ever since upgrading from True Image 8.0 to 9.0, I find that my backup jobs aren't working. They immediately fail with an error, but provide very little information about what the error is:

Type: Error
    Module: 100
    Error (Code): 5 (0x640005)
    Date: 11/7/2005
    Time: 08:15:32

I'm using 9.0 build 2289.

How do I remedy this problem?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mikeblas,

As far as I know, the "Operation has completed with errors" bug was fixed in Build 2302. Suggest you update to this latest build (don't forget to create a new boot rescue CD!) and see what happens.

Regards

3. mikeblas

I have upgraded to 2302. The problem persists.

Of course, I'm trying to start the backup job now from the UI instead of waiting for the scheduled event to happen. The error is exactly the same.

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

5. mikeblas

Please note that my problem seems different than Bruce's, as I am not trying to create rescue media. I'm just trying to perform image backups, sending the image to a share on a server in my network.

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

By no means was the problem you report, mikeblas, fixed for everyone in build 2302 and I hope Acronis is still working on this problem because otherwise I have a $30 coaster here.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikeblas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please also collect the following informaion?

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Try to create an image saving it to any local hard drive instead of network and see the result;

- Is the problem the same both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

- Have you tried to create an image of this particular hard drive saving it to this particular network share using Acronis True Image 8.0? What was the result?

Create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you try deleting the current backup jobs, reboot, and recreate the backup jobs in TI 9 Build 2302?

9. mikeblas

Thank you for your note, Acronis Support. What is "disabled logging"? What does that mean? How do I enable or disable logging? The two files you provided are the same.

Yes, as I mentioned above. It worked for months with no problem, after bugs in True Image 8 were fixed.

Backing up to a local drive works without a problem. Unfortunately, that's not a very useful backup strategy.

Step by step:

1) Boot my machine
    2) Start acronis true image
    3) Click on the job I want
    4) Click the checkered flag to "run now"
    5) Wait. It takes several minutes for the job to fail, as you can see from the timestamps in the log.
    6) It fails.

Once you explain what you mean by "disabled logging", and tell me what's in that executable you'd like me to install, I can bundle this up into a support request.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  10. mikeblas

After upgrading to the newer build, and deleting and recreating my jobs, I don't get Error 5 anymore. I get the errors in the attached logs. They're from two separate runs.

Attached Files:

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikeblas,

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected log file to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis True Image 9.0 (order number, serial number, copy of invoice or order confirmation letter, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will provide you with the special version of Acronis True Image 9.0 which most likely will solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.