Backups disappear in Acronis Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BadHead, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadHead

BadHead Registered Member

Hi,

Occasionally, I find that the differential backups I have stored in the Acronis Secury Zone Partition disappear. This was particularly frustrating tonight as I had a bad crash and had to restore but when I wnet to the secure zone it was empty. Luckily I make occasional full backups and was able to rely on this, but I had lost a fair few things that had been included in my most recent defferential.

Is disappearing backups in the seucre zone a known issue? I have not enabled have Startup Recovery Manager enabled. I used Acronis DiskDirector to Hide the Partition that Secure Zone used to takje it's disk space. It is approzimately 43Gb in size and is on the X: Drive

Thanks.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

"Luckily I make occasional full backups"
    Where did you store these backups? Check the Users Guide for the info on how TI deletes Secure Zone images when short on space.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BadHead,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window;

- What operating system is installed on your computer?

- When exactly did the backups, placed in Acronis Secure Zone, disappear?

- Let us know if the free space in Acronis Sezure Zone is shown correctly;

You can always check how much free space is left in the zone on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard;

- Have you changed your computer's software\hardware configuration in any way before the problem appeared?

- Have you restored any images before the backups in Acronis Secure Zone disappeared?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.