Backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BBMagic, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBMagic

BBMagic Registered Member

Hello. I've never backed up anything on my computer before and I've decided that it's time to do so. I am wondering if Acronis True Image 10 is the right program for this. I know I can back up my entire computer with it but can I choose to back up individual files and folders as well? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

XP has its own free backup program for files and folders but one limitation is that it cannot burn direct to media. Nor does it have system recovery.

True Image has System Recovery plus individual files and folders. Having a backup of files and folders is better than no backup but it is not the same as a full and complete backup which will enable you to fully restore your system should your have a virus or hard drive failure. Surely you would not want to reload Windows from its install CD. True Image makes that unnecessary--if you are faithful in your complete backups. Backup of folders and files is certainly possible but has its limitations.

Check out some of the guides link in my signature. Inside that link is lots of other links about pdf's and tutorials.

3. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi Grover H,
    I'm sorry to disagree with you but Windows xp Pro has a recovery system.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

babac,
    True but not user friendly. I have Pro and never found it worthwhile to try and use. It was always easier to use True Image.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BBMagic,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is able to create backups of individual files and folders as well.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the windows version for a period of 15 days. The standalone version (bootable media) will have only restore function available.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. BBMagic

BBMagic Registered Member

May I ask what you mean by limitations?

Thank you both GroverH and Acronis Support for your helpful responses. Of all the backup programs I have looked into so far, True Image definitely leaves me with the best impression. I plan to install the 15 day trial as soon as I get an external hard drive, hehe.

7. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Think twice before using TI for Files and Folders backup. There are much easier alternatives. For whole disk backup though, TI does the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.