Backup will not run

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ITGUY2104, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITGUY2104

ITGUY2104 Registered Member

Does this sound like a permissions issue maybe? I can not get the backup to run on this server. I have no problems on other servers.

Any suggestions will be helpful, thanks.

----------------------------------------
    1 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM The "Maverick BU" operation started
    2 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    3 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Analyzing partition C:...
    4 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    5 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Analyzing partition D:...
    6 Warning! 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Priority changed to Low priority
    7 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Analyzing partition C:...
    8 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Analyzing partition D:...
    9 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0x64A31B1B5AFDAABB
    10 Information 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Unable to open the storage server device/file bsp://WCNAS/\backupserver\BackupServer||\| for appending incrementally. Backup was started in the full mode.
    11 Error 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Failed to open the storage server device/file bsp://WCNAS/\backupserver\BackupServer||\| for write: 262,171.
    12 Error 4/30/2008 10:40 AM Operation has completed with errors.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ITGUY2104,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Permissions issue can really cause such an error message, but it's not the only issue which can be the reason. So could you please give us a little bit more clarifications about the situation? This would help us investigate the issue. What is the product name and the build number of the application you use? This can be found i Help -> About section. Could you also tell us how do you run task - manually or by schedule? Could you also tell us how the Backup Server is configured (for instance what quotas and time limits for computers and users do you use)?

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. ITGUY2104

ITGUY2104 Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Management Console version 9.1 (build 3,854).

The task is run on a schedule. If I start the backup manually it works fine and I get no errors.

I am using an Unlimted on the Quota, Unlimted Period.
    Max Backups in Location is 4.
    Max Backups in Archive is 2.

The user is the administrator account.

I have 14 servers that are being backed up. All are setup the same way.
    8 are successful, 6 come back with the error.

Thanks!

4. Acronis Support

Hello ITGUY2104,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please note that such an error may occur only in two situations:

- Quotas or limits for corresponding Backup Location are reached. In such a situation, we recommend you to consolidate or delete the backups for this Backup Location and check if the error persists.

- The network share is set up as the Backup Location. Please note that Acronis Backup Server component does not support network devices as the Backup Locations. Only local hard drives attached to the machine with the Acronis Backup Server installed can be used.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. krbvroc1

krbvroc1 Registered Member

I ran into the same problem and would like to request that you add support for a network share as a Backup Location. In my case, I am running the backup server under Vmware. Rather than using up all my disk space to dedicate to a vmware disk for the backup location, I simply created a linux logical volume and made that a network share via Samba.

I spent hours trying to figure out the problem until I stumbled across this post that says it is not supported! Can you add this feature please to give me the flexibility.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  6. Acronis Support

Hello krbvroc1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that in chapter "Acronis Backup Server" of the respective User's Guide it's pointed that "a backup location is a storage area for backups on a local backup server hard drive."

With the current implementation of Acronis Backup Server (in Acronis True Image Echo series), there are no plans on adding network locations support. It's possible that the support for network locations will be implemented for Acronis Backup Server in future corporate versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.