Backup Will Not Mount

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Toppy, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toppy

Toppy Registered Member

Using Paragon Backup and Recovery 2013 Free, I successfully completed a backup to a 2TB external USB hard disk drive. However, when attempting to mount the image, I receive this error message:

Operation failed
    Can't open/create file
    Error source: Hard Disk Manager
    Error code: 0x10023

A search of the Internet reveals that other people are experiencing the identical problem with Paragon Backup & Recovery (but the same people are not experiencing the problem with other backup and recovery software). What can cause the problem? Is there a solution or solutions?

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. UAC is off. I run as Administrator.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. Grayer

Grayer Registered Member

same error here: Win7 64 bit; Image of C on SSD drive backed up to USB 3 2TB Hitachi drive; verified the backup but when I try to restore it back to the quick formatted C drive I get the error message; I had to reinstall Windows on C because of a boot failure and B&R 2013 free did not load in normal mode and in safe mode could not see the USB backup drive; what a mess https://www.wilderssecurity.com/images/smilies/doubt.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.