Backup type and schedule

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Interested, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Interested

Interested Guest

I was curious to know if you could schedule a full backup once a week and have incrimintal ones for the rest of the week, and then have it start over for a new week, automacially deleting the old backup. I dont like the thought of 500 files for a backup after a year or more.
    This is for my parents computer, and i want it automatic as possible, they wotn be able to make any changes, and i dont want to have to do alot unless the system goes down.

2. AngelArs

AngelArs Registered Member

We were wondering how to do this also. We looked at the manual but it was too confusing and we didn't want to take any chances with a backup. Hopefully someone who has used the automatic backup feature will post with clearer instructions :)

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Interested and AngleArs,

Search the forum using the Key Word "schedule" and you will find plenty of examples from Acronis Support and other users.

<Here> is a fairly recent one that always retains 1 weeks worth of incremental images. As you may be aware, it's necessary to create two rolling schedules because the minute you create a new full image, the previous incrementals for it become orphaned until they are progressively overwritten.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.