Backup To Tape

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ree, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ree

ree Registered Member

I'm trying to backup a local Enterprise server to a Dell Powevault 122T which is an autoloader. The tape device works fine in windows, but in Acronis as soon as I tell it to backup, I get this error:

E00040005: Error seeking in the file

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ree,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please be aware that current version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server does not support autoloader tape drives and tape libraries.
    We have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and most likely the support will be implemented in the future versions of Acronis True Image. I'm sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't available yet.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. edwardsr

edwardsr Registered Member

I have the same autoloader and had the same issue. Acronis sent a patch that at least allowed me to use the autoloader; although, I can only use one tape at a time. If I want to use a tape, I have to manually import a tape from the library. If the tape isn't brand new, I have to babysit the job. :thumbd:

After screwing around with the software for a few months now, I am going to start backing up my images to tapes w/Backup Exec. I'll see how that goes.o_O

I have to be brutally honest. I've not been overly impressed w/the product. Don't get me wrong the product has some really nice features, but some of the more basic features that you would commonly expect from an enterprise class backup software suite just aren't there. The product has great potential, but I (strictly my opinion) think the product needs a serious revamp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.