Backup to Tape Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by GideonD, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

We have an older WinXP Pro SP3 computer running our register system, Microsoft RMS, which operates with an SQL database. We've been using Symantec Backup Exec for years to backup to a 40GB tape drive. I just realized today that Backup Exec has not been backing anything up for an undetermined amount of time. I don't know when it stopped working but my job list and all reports are now empty. At the outrageous price of upgrading the software I'd like to look at other options. We've used Paragon products a lot in the past but I can't find much info about whether they can access the SQL database for automatic backup or if they can backup to a tape drive. I may be better off going with another HDD instead.

I'd appreciate any input.

2. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

In current versions you can take partition or file\folder level images only. There is no application level backup yet that would maintain SQL databases.
    You can specify in backup wizard that you want to backup the directory where SQL databases are stored and this will save them. And note, backup on file level is done to local HDDs only.

3. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

Thanks.
    I've used Paragon a lot in the past to do full system images but I was unsure if that image would effectively backup the SQL as well. If I do a whole system Image I should be covered I'm assuming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.