Backup to network drive performance...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feistyfetus, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feistyfetus

feistyfetus Registered Member

I've used Acronis with much success in the past but am now having problems. This is a new installation of the latest build Echo Enterprise (8076). The Agent is installed on all systems.

I have 3 servers (Exchange, SQL, File). Backing up from the file server to a network drive (~90GB) is estimated to take ~12 hours. I've attached an image of the network t raffic during that time. The File server has 100mbit and the backup server has 1000mbit.

This is an image from the backup server...
    AcronisNetworkUsage.JPG
    What's wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello feistyfetus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure that both the computer being backed up and the destination computer are set up as described in chapter 2.2 "Security parameters" of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server User's Guide.

Please also check if the "Network connection speed" parameter is set to maximum, as described in paragraph 6.3.6 "Backup performance" of the User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. feistyfetus

feistyfetus Registered Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this today.

4. rackin21

rackin21 Registered Member

We had an identical problem at work. In our case it was a problem with the NAS device. We had a 3ware SATA array card. We found an article that said the 'Memory Write and Invalidate Enable' bit is set wrong on many motherboards. It was set wrong on our and we were able to contact the MB manufacture who sent us a BIOS update with it fixed. Just like magic the problem went away.

Here is a link to a way to check if you are using a SATA NAS

http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=12546

5. wmiles

wmiles Registered Member

Could you let me know if this fixed your problem, i have the same problem and i have run the file in the last post and it says that mine is 0 so would cause an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.