Backup to NAS over FTP (TIH10)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kurdy, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurdy

Kurdy Registered Member

Maybe this question is answered before, but I got lost in the search results. So sorry in advance.

Me and my friend bought a NAS (Synology DS 207). We want to use it to save backups on each others NAS.
    Now it seems to succeed for small directories. We even can do incrementals.
    But on large directories it goes wrong. I tried to split the tib file to 10MB parts and this goes fine for, say 1Gb. But then it stops.

It might have something to do with FTP time outs or something but I don't have any knowledge on this.

So my question is: can someone guide me on the best backup strategy to a remote server?

Also, if I want to do a incremental, does TI have to download the original file over the network again, before deciding what has changed?
    Is it a better idea to mirror it locally and send the incremental files over the net? The disadvantage is the comfort of scheduled automatism.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kurdy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also describe your network setup in some more details.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Kurdy

Kurdy Registered Member

I attached my log file. I hope this is the key to the solution :)

Network setup:
    Desktop PC
    Backup from local drive by FTP to remote NAS (Synology)
    Dir size 2.13 GB

Anything else that would help?

Attached Files:

4. JohninDC

JohninDC Registered Member

Hi Kurdy,

I posted a problem months ago regarding my Synology DS207 problem with TI (I have the 9.1?). I can store complete and incremental backups with no problem, but retrieving the backups to restore the system never works (tried it numerous times - but always fails at reboot). Right now, my $700, one terabyte, RAID 1 (500G available) server is just a door stop, so any insight would be helpful.

*puppy* :ninja: :gack:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192567

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kurdy,

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information (including that requested in my previous post) to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. JohninDC

ttt

bump

Kurdy, any news from the front?

*puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy*

7. JohninDC

Still waiting Kurdy baby! *puppy* :argh:

8. JohninDC

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O ttt, what's up with this? o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

9. smiley2

smiley2 Registered Member

Maybe the size limit of file transfers when using ftp?

:doubt:

10. JohninDC

Any updates? :isay: o_O :gack: :shifty: :ouch: :blink: :cautious: *puppy* :ninja: :argh: :-* :doubt: o_O :blink: :doubt: :'( :mad: o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.