Backup to DVD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by -= K =-, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -= K =-

-= K =- Registered Member

Is it possible to backup to a DVD or DVDRW? I have tried using an erased DVDRW and I keep getting an error that says the disc is full. Also are there any options for making an automatic restore disc? I have previously used ghost and you can use swithches to bypass all of the dialogs and just skip right to the restore image screen.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. bern

bern Registered Member

why is it only recommended that the file size should be set at 2gb why not 3gb or 4

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

The 2GB split file size mentioned in the Acronis FAQ is ony needed when using the two-step method to burn images to ordinary ISO 9660 DVDs (max file size 2GB) as opposed to the UDF formated disks needed in the one-step method.

Actually, setting the fixed file size to 635MB will fit more of your image file onto each ISO 9660 DVD.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  5. bern

bern Registered Member

ok so if i use Incd nero and format disc to udf what is the recommended file size. also is this right that if i format disc it will take +-90 minutes for this format when i first use a dvdrw

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi bern

In the case of UDF formatted DVD, set Image Splitting to Automatic as advised in my reply to your other thread here.

I don't know about 90 minutes. However it will take quite a while to initialise disks for the first time (also depends on the speed of your burner and the speed rating of the DVD RW you're using). The good news is that, once the disks have been UDF formatted, you only need to do a InCD Quick Format in order to delete an existing image prior to burning a new one.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  7. riclf

riclf Guest

Re: Backup to DVD? Heck, Backup to Anything ??

No Waaaay ! What do you mean Acronis does not support DVD-R ?

Where was I to find that nugget out ? What is the error I should expect to get ? Because I cannot write to newly purchased -R's as that is the recommended DVD for the Toshiba Matshita UJ-802S drive. Toshiba says NOT to use +R's.

When will -R's be supported o_O? This was never written anyplace prior to my purchase of the product.

I either get no recognition of the -R after inserting or it comes back "drive not accessable".

That is problem #1.

Problem #2 is I then decide to create an image on my Maxtor OneTouch:
    E00640068: Failed to createe the scheduled task. Error #1722 - "The RPC server is unavailable."

...NOT. That service is started, running, and just fine.
    BTW, this error occurs when trying to backup to a CD too. So it is not an external disk issue.

What am I to do here... no backup to ANY media is possible.

Question, is True Image a mis-named thingie ? I can't get an image to anything.

-Ric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.