Backup Size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JeroldLopez, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeroldLopez

JeroldLopez Registered Member

How come my backup up images are so large even after I set it to the highest compression and to priority in the options. It indicates that the size would be 16GB and it ended up at 25GB.

2. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

When setting up the backup, did you also click the box for drive 2, the destination drive? If so, that's the cause... you are then backing up the previous backup. Did that!

3. JeroldLopez

I just ran thru the set up again and I only have on check on the list of drives to backup - "partitions Selections" area. My HDD is actually partitioned into 4 partitions and I only backup the C drive. I save the backup to a second HDD that I have in the PC. Nothing else is checked off. Is that the screen that you are talking about? I clean out as much junk from the system before I run the backup.

The estimated size states16.28GB. I understand it says 'estimate', but 16gb and 25GB is not even close.

4. como

como Registered Member

Try running chkdsk on the C: partition, you will have to reboot for it to run on the boot partition

5. JeroldLopez

como,

What should I be looking for when I run Chkdsk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.