Backup / Restore Time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by agentbb007, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentbb007

agentbb007 Registered Member

Hello Acronis,

I am running True Image Server 7, but in an attempt to speed up backup / restore times I have installed a trial of version 8. But as of now version 8 is no faster. Do you have some "ball park" estimates of backup / restore times per gigabyte. I understand this varies based on computer but if you could give me the specs of a computer you've tested it would help me set a benchmark.

For example perhaps a backup on a P4 2 Ghz 1 gig of RAM with a 7200 rpm drive on average takes 10 minutes per gigabyte of data. And a restore will take on average 15 minutes per gigabyte on this machine.

I'm asking because my backups and restores take approx 2 days. I have large .tib images: 169 gig, and 66 gig, but if my servers crash, I'll be fired before the 2 days roll around :rolleyes: .

Brandon

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Brandon,

I'm not sure whether you will find it useful but I posted some some results in this previous thread titled <True Image 8 - Build 903 Results>.

Are you backing up and restoring to/from an internal HD, an external HD or over a network?

Regards

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello agentbb007,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we cannot provide you with any comparison of this sort. Since you get really big image files I think that 2 days is quite reasonable time. Did you in fact restore the image or is this time is shown only as estimation?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.