Backup & Recovery 10 - Bootable Agent

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by sronsen, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sronsen

sronsen Registered Member

I have 2 PCs with RAID5 controllers. The Bootable Agent disk cannot see the RAID array on one of the PCs. Hardware is a Promise SX4000 with 4 IDE disks. When attempting to start recovery, after a very long delay, the software briefly flashes a message stating no RAID found. Neither the restore nor the disk management functions show the 4 partitions of the RAID array. My V8.6(?) recovery disk has no issue seeing this array. The Windows application seems to work flawlessly. My other PC uses an on-board nVidia RAID5 supporting 4 SATA drives which are properly recognized.

This is critical, as without a usable bootable restore disk, my backups for this PC are totally and absolutely worthless in case of a boot drive failure.

I'm anxious to upgrade as my TrueImage Echo Workstation has ceased working over my network for no explicable reason and with no apparent cure. V10 has no such problem. Nor does the expensive replacement I purchased to insure that I have reliable image backups of my boot partitions.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.