BackUp Program

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by FluxGFX, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a backup program for my HD. Something along the lines of it backs my drive up to a media(CD-R type) if something put the CD it boots from the CD-ROM and restores the backup and voila system is backup. Something like the Old version of Norton Ghost use to do. From what I can see Norton Ghost 8 and 9 don't seem to the support that function anymore...

Regards,
    fluxgfx.com

2. Greyhair

Greyhair Registered Member

There is Acronis True Image, the forum for which is on Wilder Security Forums. Then there is a bargain: BootIt NG, which allows you to choose which OS to boot if you have more than one, creates and resizes partitions and makes images for backup. It's made by Terabyte Unlimited.

I use both, and both are good. Both have saved my behind a couple of times. True Image is easier to learn. BootIt NG is cheaper. Both have trouble with certain kinds of hardware. Whichever you choose, I suggest you download the free trial version first and see how you like it and whether it is compatable with your machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.