Backup Outlook does not work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ahne, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahne

ahne Registered Member

Hello,

problem with Outlook 2003 and 2007.

No Tasks are working. Either Outlook 2003 (XP) and 2007 (Vista).

Just when doing manually A. will do the job.

Otherwise no erros and a very small backup file with just some empty folders.

And with Outlook 2003: i have a password for Opening my Outlook 2003. Is it therefore because I can not do any backups?

Thanks!

2. tony_dutta

tony_dutta Registered Member

Well, It is know issue with TI. Still no update on it:( . Instead of creating an email backup, I prefer creating a "My Data" backup :cool: and create a backup for outlook foler.
    1)Create a new backup task and use backup type as “My Data”.
    2)Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[user_account_name]\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
    3)Follow the on-screen instructions.
    4)Schedule the task as “Manually later”. You can also use any other schedule task type as well ( e.g. weekly)

While restoring this backup, please select “Original location” on “Destination selection screen”.
    Works for me!!!:D

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ahne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Password protection should not cause such problem. Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also collect the following information:
    - Exact title of E-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2003);
    - Quantity of user profiles;
    - Amount of the accounts for these profiles;
    - If the accounts within a single profile are of different types, please provide the amount of the accounts of each type. (E.g. profile [XXXX] contains three imap accounts and two pop3 accounts);

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Using ATI to backup Outlook is like using a sledgehammer to crack an egg. :gack:

By far the easiest, quickest, safest, most convenient and most flexible way of backing up Outlook is to simply Copy & Paste the .pst file to a Flash drive. You can do this manually or of course you can automate it if you want to.

This gives you the ability to open your Outlook folder on any Windows-compatible machine without the need for any other software.

T.

5. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

I have ATI 11 Home and find my Outllook 2003 mail backup folders are empty.
    Using Explore to look at them, and find nothing?

I have the 7/7/2008 install. I see no update in my account for this?

Is there a fix?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BobWC,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The list of the latest builds is available here

What is the size of the .pst file? Find out the size of the Outlook.pst file by browsing to where it is located:

- Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\[user_account_name]\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook

- Windows Vista

C:\Users\[user_account_name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.