Backup on Shutdown - Vista x64

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by disturbed4686, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disturbed4686

disturbed4686 Registered Member

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit with ATI 11. I tried to set it up so that an incremental/differential backup would be made on shutdown, but when I create a task, it doesn't give me that option. All I have to choose from are...

At system startup
    At user logon
    When free disk space changes

http://www.b-roy.net/software/true%20image.jpg

Am I missing something, or does Vista x64 not support creating backups on shutdown/logoff? o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello disturbed4686,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please see the following post for the answer on your questions.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. Christopher Pratt

Christopher Pratt Registered Member

Hi,
    Is the lack of shutdown choices in VISTA resolved or not!!
    According to Alexey Bogomolov's reply above, the TI 11 option on Vista to schedule backups at shutdown is NOT possible.
    I have been emailing Acronis customer support to see if this is fixed yet, and they keep emailing me instructions to click on "Upon Event" then select "At system shutdown". But the shutdown options are NOT THERE as the first post says. I even sent a screenshot of the options dropdown, but they completely ignored this and sent me the instructions again.
    What's going on please??

Chriso_O

4. Acronis Support

Hello Christopher Pratt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that currently Acronis True Image 11 Home operates as described by Alexey. Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Christopher Pratt

Hello Marat,
    the Acronis request number was #1264659.

thanks
    Chris

6. Acronis Support

Hello Christopher Pratt,

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I will contact the responsible person.

Currently, we recommend you to use a workaround to schedule a shutdown after backup. Please see this post for detailed instructions. It describes Windows XP, but for Windows Vista it's essentially the same.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Christopher Pratt

Hello Marat,
    thank you for your suggestion to use Windows sheduler to initiate an Image creation at shutdown on my VISTA PC, due to this option not being available in True Image. I have looked at the instructions suggested and they don't look very detailed to me! In fact I can't follow them at all, especially as they are intended for XP. Could somebody please give me full step by step instructions specific to VISTA, so I can set this up.

many thanks
    Chris

QUOTE::::::::::::::::
    We recommend you to use a workaround to schedule a shutdown after backup. Please see this post for detailed instructions. It describes Windows XP, but for Windows Vista it's essentially the same.
    QUOTE::::::::::::::::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.