Backup fails on a XP sp3

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Alpajack, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpajack

Alpajack Registered Member

I put a clean image of xp sp2 and was able do backup no problem.
    when I try to backup after I installed SP3 it fails on the vss technology.
    there is only the OS and paragon free on the pc. No other software Any one no why it will never finish the backup?
    maybe some dotnet needed or visual C++?
    thanks
    Jack
    :doubt:

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

You need to be more specific with the error you are receiving, If you are receiving an issue with VSS, it could be broken after the SP3. The option you have is to switch to paragon hot processing.

3. sambul14

sambul14 Registered Member

Try switching Off Windows WMI Provide for VSS (it seems to have a bug), set VSS service to auto start, install Paragon B&R and reboot. VSS must run before you start PBR, otherwise Paragon Hot Processing option remains greyout. VSS option may still give the Error code 0x1100a, but you'll be able to select PHP option in Paragon Settings.

I read, VSS option requires 300MB free space on any HDD, don't know about PHP requirements, but its quite slow for me on old PC compare to VSS.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.