Backup Fails due to running process or disk error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DS-MP, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS-MP

DS-MP Guest

Im really sick of seeing this error.. Maybe future releases of TI could contain
    better error reporting so people could resolve the issue themselves before needing to contact support.

Anyways,
    Windows XP + Service Pack 2 and latest patches.

Once I install the latest patch levels I started getting this. Since I create an image before every patching I know its an issue with an explorer.exe patch release.

Fix:
    regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
    DWORD:UseDesktopIniCache
    Value:00000 (Default value)
    reboot

Im using this fix for explorer.exe version 6.0.2900.2180
    or file version 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-215:cool:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DS-MP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We appreciate your collaboration on this matter. If you will have any further solutions, please feel free to post them on this forum.

Please also note that if you want our error messages to be more informative, then you can post a request for a such enhancement in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. mumdigau

mumdigau Registered Member

Exactly same situation here. The error message is as follows:

Error E00070021: Cannot create the image of the logical drive E: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors.

Unfortunately, the registry hack doesn't work for me. Any other idea?

Many thanks for any help.

mumdigau

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mumdigau,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists after installing the update then please install the latest version of Acronis drivers with disabled logging and see if the problem remains.

If that does not help then please enable logging by running the installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also try to temporarily disable any other backup, antivirus and disk management software that requires the exclusive access to the hard drive and see if the problem still persists.

If nothing of the above helps then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and send all the collected files (including the snapapi.log file) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.