Backup Exec Problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Munkey, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Munkey

Munkey Registered Member

Hi. I've just installed NOD32 on our server but ever since i've been having trouble with our backups in Backup Exec.

We're running a SBS 2000 server with Exchange, and Backup Exec v8. Since installing the Exchange version of NOD32 and the Remote Administration Server I have not been able to successfully complete a backup.

Those backup jobs that do attempt to run stall partway through and cannot be halted except by rebooting the server, but more recently I cannot even get a job to start, they just list as scheduled but never run.

On opening the Backup Exec administrator panel the Job Engine service is shut down, as it appears to be partway through the backup jobs that have been run.

I have excluded all the appropriate exchange folders and now the Veritas folder in Amon in an attempt to get it working but to no avail. I'm not sure this is Amon related as even with this service stopped from a reboot I cannot get the job to work.

The previous antivirus was Mcaffee with Groupshield for exchange, both of which I have uninstalled prior to the NOD installation.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be gratefully appreciated. Hopefully someone out there is running NOD with Backup Exec, at least then I would know it can work. Thanks.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Service packs and hot fixes for BE 8 installed? I've quite a few clients still on SBS2K..that I have NOD32 Ent Edi installed on...so there is no native conflict there.

Assuming SBS is also fully service packed and updated, as well as Exchange?

Event log entries during time of backup?

Errors in the BE job logs?

3. Munkey

Munkey Registered Member

SBS and Exchange service packs are up to date but it's a good thought about the BE 8 hotfixes, i'd not thought to look for those yet.

I don't get any job logs, whatever stops the job from running seems to cause the log to be deleted. Maybe they just don't save until the job completes.

I'm going to look into the BE hotfixes and see if that helps any, thanks for the reply.

4. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Hello,

Did u solve the problem with backup?

We also have problems to backup since installing NOD32... But the problem seems on the clients with IMON.

Exclude "C:\Programme\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bpinetd.exe" doesn't solve the problem, but it seems a step in the right direction...

Has anyone running nod with an vertias/symantec backup solution?

Regards

Meg

P.S. deactivate of IMON seems work... Is it possible to let IMON active and exclude special applications (dunno which) or set any "special" option?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  5. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

IMON shouldn't be running on servers. That's why on a server install it defaults to a not installed selection. I run NOD32 EE on Server 2003 using BE9 and BE10, both working just fine.

6. Megachip

But server is Linux, there isn't running any IMON or NOD... Problem seems to be on clients...

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You talking about client agents?

8. Megachip

yes... server seems not connect correctly to the clients where NOD32 is installed

P.S. Problem seems only on Windows XP...

Win 2000 PCs witch exclusion of bpinetd.exe seems to work

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  9. Megachip

Hello,

We've found a work around....

1. Install current version (6.0 MP4)
    2. Follow steps described here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.