Backup error "Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(872AB9CD)."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TxDot, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxDot

TxDot Registered Member

I cannot find any information about what this error means. The complete log is below. Googling it gave one hit that lead me to this forum. The Aconis web site has nothing on it. Doing a file based backup did work but is much slower and I want to be able to restore quickly.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log uuid="65D69C38-36E1-49DB-AB69-BFD703DDC8B3" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" version="9.0" build="3854">
    <event id="1" type="2" module="100" code="2" time="1172630881" message="The &quot;Current backup operation&quot; operation started"/>
    <event id="2" type="2" module="1" code="503" time="1172630882" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..."/>
    <event id="3" type="2" module="1" code="503" time="1172630882" message="Analyzing partition C:..."/>
    <event id="4" type="2" module="1" code="503" time="1172630882" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..."/>
    <event id="5" type="2" module="1" code="503" time="1172630883" message="Analyzing partition H:..."/>
    <event id="6" type="3" module="100" code="11" time="1172630883" message="Priority changed to Low priority"/>
    <event id="7" type="4" module="1" code="1004" time="1172630883" message="Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(872AB9CD)."/>
    <event id="8" type="4" module="1" code="1005" time="1172630883" message="No source is selected for the operation. Terminated."/>
    <event id="9" type="4" module="1" code="1005" time="1172630883" message="No source is selected for the operation. Terminated."/>
    <event id="10" type="4" module="100" code="5" time="1172630883" message="Operation has completed with errors."/>
    </log>

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You want to be able to restore what quickly ... the whole hard drive, a partition only, or certain files only?
    What version and build number of True Image do you have?
    What OS are you using, win2k, XP, or Vista?

3. TxDot

TxDot Registered Member

The partition which in my case is the whole drive.

I'm running XP Pro w/SP2. The version and build of True Image is in the log file. I downloaded the most recent build and tried another backup with the same results.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Check your drive with chkdsk /r for any errors.

Then make the bootable Rescue Cd from the menu in the software installation, boot with it and make the Backup Image of the whole drive from the Rescue CD menu.

Save the Image on a second hard drive (internal or external) and you'll be able to restore it again by using the Rescue CD. You should test the restore using a spare drive, not your original.

5. TxDot

TxDot Registered Member

I already did the chkdsk with no errors reported. I also did an error check from within TI by right clicking on the drive and then clicking Properties then Errors. No errors were reported in that case either.

I'll try your suggestion of using the Recover Disk to make the backup.

6. TxDot

TxDot Registered Member

I was able to successfully do a backup after booting from the rescue disk. The down side is it tokk about 4 times longer than doing it under Windows. I tried under Windows again anf got this error message; Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(FFFFFFFF). This really bites but especially because I can't find any help on fixing it. Doing backups from the rescue disk simply isn't acceptable. I guess I'll try to open a trouble ticket with Acronis. Can anyone tell me if that is a waste of time since this forum says it is the Official Acronis Support Forum?

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No, it is the proper way to be certain to get Acronis involved rather than hoping they will see your post here. They likely would tell you to open a support request if the answer isn't obvious.

As far as "official" goes, well, at least they do look here and respond; it is confusing since they also now have a Knowledge Base on the Acronis site but I have never looked in it.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TxDot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- please download Acronis Drivers;
    - run the installation package and install with logging enabled;
    - reproduce the problem;
    - collect C:\SnapAPI.log

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. TxDot

TxDot Registered Member

Thanks for your response. I'll try to do this tonight.

10. TxDot

TxDot Registered Member

Well I performed the steps as outlined above but the error didn't happen. When I installed the Acronis Drivers it said they were already installed so I picked the Repair/Upgrade option and the logging option. I guess I'll reverse this and see if the error occurs again. I went ahead and sent the error report and requested data in. I'll post back the results after reinstalling the drivers without logging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.