Backup Choices

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dh27564, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dh27564

dh27564 Registered Member

ATI2009 v9796. XP-Pro SP-3.

Once a week I use the rescue CD to manually do a FULL backup to an external 500GB USB2.0 HD. During the backup process I choose "My Computer". Later in the process, I'm presented with a screen where I can choose "Disk 1" which includes the sub-categories "NTFS (OS) (C)" and "FAT16 (Unlabeled) EISA Configuration". All three items have check boxes and checking Disk 1 checks the other two automatically.

When creating a backup, should I be selecting "Disk 1" which includes both partitions, or simply "NTFS (OS) (C)?

Also, if Disk 1 is what I should be selecting, does the fact that one partition is FAT16 and one is NTFS affect a restore in any way?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It is better to check Disk 1 so that when you restore, everything will be restored. The Fat 16 partition might contain the Factory Restore files - how large is it.

3. dh27564

dh27564 Registered Member

The FAT16 partition is 39 MB.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

With that small a partition, I would always do a disk option backup and include everything in my backup. Doing so makes moving to a new drive much easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.