Backup Capsule. Is it possible to create/keep more than one on same destination disk?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MSwhip, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSwhip

MSwhip Registered Member

I have 2 scenarios.
    a. Can you create 2 (or more) capsules on the same destination disk?
    b. can one maintain one capsule on each of 2 or more different destination disks?

Furthermore, could you backup 2 different HDD into the same destination capsule? If the answer is yes. How do you keep them individually separated?

I would appreciate informative answers in some level of detail.

Thank you kindly

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi MSWHip ,

I never tried A) or B)

Why not just try it and see ?

Once you have a backup capsule, you can store paragon images of any drives/partitions in them.

The backup images are separate files and will not interefere with each other.

Good idea to give each a descriotion to make it easy to see which is which.

You can sotre any paragon backup images in any of them

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Technically Yes, but it is not recommended and rejected as user scenario. Becasue if you want to have a bootable Capsule, 2 capsules won't be supported. A
    If you have several HDDs installed you can get separate Capsule for each drive. If it doesn't work in Wizard by default, I can post here an alternative way to get several Capsules (1 capsule for each drive)
    Yes, you can backup anything you want to the Capsule.
    Each archive could be named manually or automatically.
    Anyway, in Restore wizard it always shows what HDD is saved in selected archive as the first step (Archive info is on the bottom)

BTW Why do you want to have several capsules?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Mech_An,

It makes sense to me.

The HD with the backup capsule may be the one that dies.

I would like to know how to do that.

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Hello SIW2,

To create several capsules you need to:
    disconnect your physical hard drives one-by-one and create Backup Capsule for each drive separately from WinPE or Linux RCD.
    4BC.PNG

But (!) as backup destination only first backup capsule (based on disk number) will be available.
    In restore wizard and File Transfer all Capsules are shown and available .

So I usually backup to the first capsule and move backup to the desired capsule.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks Mech_An ,

That sounds easy.

I thought there may be a more technical method - are there any command line options for Paragon apps. ? I don't mean scripting.

I suppose you could create backup capsule by using the paragon partition ID. Would it be possible to install paragon Linux boot media to a self made capsule ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.