Backup Capsule deleted accidentally

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pugs, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pugs

pugs Registered Member

Hello there, newbie here, so please be gentle okay:)
    I accidentally delete backup capsule from acronis utility, and next time i reboot the server, all partition on that disk (where the backup capsule installed) is missing(detected as removable on w2003:'() i've tried ptdd and also undelete feature from paragon drive backup, but they can't find all my lost partition on the disk...
    I know, i can delete the disk and use recovery software, but i'm not sure i can get my data uncorrupt and also it'll took too much time.. So, any idea better idea to recover my partition table? Thanks in advance.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Pugs,

The undelete feature in Paragon is most useful immediately after the accidental delete; that is, if no new data was written over the previous partition or a full format was not performed.

If the partition tables were removed without formatting, undelete usually does a good job recovering them. Also we don't want to create a new partition table over the previous one before running the undelete scan.

If the location of where the partition was, but now unallocated space, run a thorough undelete scan.

Good luck

Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.