Backup Capsule Almost Full

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jsquareg, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

During the set up of my computer fir Windows 8 I have done several backups to the capsule on my external HD at varying stages. The latest attempt to backup showed only 3 gigs available so I had to backup to a file on the HD rather than the capsule.

I know I can enlarge the capsule or remove it through the capsule management but I can't afford to enlarge it and I would like to keep some of the archives so deleting the capsule and starting a new one is not an option.

How can I remove unwanted archives from the capsule and keep the rest thus freeing up space for more new archives?

Thank you very much.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Put the new archives in an external USB disk.

3. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

Thank you. That is more or less what I am doing but it doesn't answer the question about getting rid of unwanted archives in the capsule.

Thanks again.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I haven't used the Backup Capsule, but in the Paragon web site > Support, I found this:

"All operations of the Backup Capsule management are performed with the Manage Backup Capsule Wizard.

The user can:
    •Change the backup capsule size, if necessary
    •Store multiple backup images
    •View and control stored images
    •Clean up the Backup Capsule
    •Delete the Backup Capsule "

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't use the capsule but can't you just go to archive display, you may have to click to the Advanced interface if you aren't using it. I would think this should show the archives and you can delete them from there.

Again, I don't use it so I can't say for certain but if there is no archive deletion in the capsule management then this is where I would go.

Is there some feature of the Capsule you like? These things, like the Acronis Secure Zone, were really intended to create a partition that could be used to store images in if the user had only 1 HD formatted with 1 partition. It is essentially a second partition with possibly special attributes such as "hidden" that makes it harder to access or delete by the causal user.

So as far as I'm concerned just backing up to a regular folder on an external drive is all that is required but you can certainly do what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.