backup and recovery 10 suite system backup problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dezxter, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dezxter

dezxter Registered Member

Hi I have had the b&r10 suite for some time and now I am trying to use the system backup portion of it to make images of my computer. However although it is installed on my computer I cannot get the system backup portion of the suite to run when I try to run it either as administrator or not I get a blank screen that I guess should have an error message in it. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing it but that didn't fix the problem. I have attached a screen shot of the screen that comes up every time that I try to start the program. I have no idea what is causing the problem but I do need to get this computer backed up. Does any one have any idea what could be causing this? Or has anyone else had an experience like this that has been solved? I am using Windows 7 professional 32-bit. Thank you for any help that you give me because I am stumped.

Attached Files:

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The issue could be related to Power options.

Try to disable hibernation and keep only simple sleep mode:
    1. First go to Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options.
    2. Click on Change plan settings link of the active power plan.
    3. Click on Change advanced power settings link.
    4. Expand the Sleep tree.
    5. In the drop down box of Allow Hybrid Sleep, select Off as new setting to disable and turn off Hybrid Sleep.
    6. Set the value of the Hibernate after setting to 'Never'
    Save changes.

Additionally check if Hard Disk is powered off AFTER system standby in Power Options.

3. dezxter

I checked all those options and they are all the same as what you said. Hibernate is only enabled for when I choose hibernate from the power off options. So that isn't the problem and the hard disk is set to turn off a minute after it goes to sleep. I checked the program again and it still has the same problem as earlier. But hopefully we can figure out what the problem is.

4. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

When you install do you then install "elevated" as adminstrator ? , also : have you tried to kill UAC + reboot before you install (like in Vista) ?
    Otherwise, don't know win 7 never tried it , but could your B&R 10 be installed both "elevated" and in some kind of compatability mode, and used same way (I am using Vista experience while guessing - nothing more) ?

5. dezxter

I did not install it as elevated. But the thing is I installed it a long time ago. Several months and at that time it seemed to work fine but I disabled it at startup because I didn't have anywhere with enough storage to keep the images. Now I do have an external hard drive but can't get the program to work. I first tried just starting it manually that didn't work and came up with the error above. Then I tried enabling it at boot and manually starting it with the same result. Same thing with rebooting and trying to re-install. But I will try reinstalling again as admin and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am sure we will find the answer eventually. And I will report back after trying this.

6. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

As written before then I have no Win 7 experience, but I do know from working with problems with computers with Vista O.S. that some types of software that needs to root deeply needs to be installed with UAC turned off + reboot before you install. Also please remember that Micro$oft updates their O.S.' all the time to patch security holes and tighten security so if things ran before they might not now for that very reason. My suggestion is only based on Vista experiences , and common sense, and ofcourse the suggestion might not help you at all or apply in this situation but you could still try it if you like. I think the situation/problem is difficult to diagnose anyway so I can only offer "inspirational input"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.