Backup 9.0 professional on network.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by nodsirrah, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodsirrah

nodsirrah Registered Member

I intend to get Backup 9.0 Professional.
    I have 2 computers, both XP Home SP3, on a Home Network (router). I have an external hard drive connected by USB to one computer so the HD is available to either computer. If I purchase one of the software can I do an image of each computer on the HD then do automatic updates (differential or incremental?)to each image?
    I am a do it yourself Dummy.
    Don

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello nodsirrah,

Yes we can definitely perform differential/incremental backups of each computer on a basis to your external hard drive. With scheduling, you'll have to physically move the external USB hard drive prior to the scheduled task.

What you might want to look into is having the external HD located on one computer, and share out the external HD to the 2nd computer. Thus, having 1 computer backup to the external HD directly connected to it, and having the 2nd computer backup through the network on the shared external HD.

Backups will be independent of each other as long as you have sufficient space for both.

3. nodsirrah

nodsirrah Registered Member

Tommy,
    Perfect, that is exactly what I am looking for. I placed my order tonight.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.