backto perfectdisk but free space issue

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have seen this since version 10 currently using 12.5 and wonder if anyone else that uses perfectdisk does also after any defrag no matter the type i can not get the free space fragmentation to zero. i know im being picky BUT if i use many other defrag programs and do a consolidate free space and then analyze with perfectdisk it says free space fragmentation is zero% then i run perfectdisk and free space fragmentation jumps to anywhere from .3-1.x or sometimes more %o_O i have tried telling perfect disk to not leave gaps etc but it seems to no avail. again i know im being picky but why can almost all defrag programs i run as a consolidate get to zero and then if analyzed with perfectdisk is states zero as well till you actually use it to do a defrag of any type even the consolidate free space. i have asked perfectdisk MANY times about it and either they ignore the question or i simply get a answer of thats normal.

so just wondering if you use it does your free space fragmentation get to zero% or do you see this also. im nit picking but i think doing a full consolidate free space should not leave the free space fragmented. maybe if more people see this issue i can send this info to them and get a real answer.

thanks

2. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Maybe some files locked or too small to put in another sector. For me only the report matters. If it says i need to run defrag i run it but if it says my HDD is optimized then i won't bother with the %

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.