backto perfectdisk but free space issue

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have seen this since version 10 currently using 12.5 and wonder if anyone else that uses perfectdisk does also after any defrag no matter the type i can not get the free space fragmentation to zero. i know im being picky BUT if i use many other defrag programs and do a consolidate free space and then analyze with perfectdisk it says free space fragmentation is zero% then i run perfectdisk and free space fragmentation jumps to anywhere from .3-1.x or sometimes more %o_O i have tried telling perfect disk to not leave gaps etc but it seems to no avail. again i know im being picky but why can almost all defrag programs i run as a consolidate get to zero and then if analyzed with perfectdisk is states zero as well till you actually use it to do a defrag of any type even the consolidate free space. i have asked perfectdisk MANY times about it and either they ignore the question or i simply get a answer of thats normal.

so just wondering if you use it does your free space fragmentation get to zero% or do you see this also. im nit picking but i think doing a full consolidate free space should not leave the free space fragmented. maybe if more people see this issue i can send this info to them and get a real answer.

thanks

2. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Maybe some files locked or too small to put in another sector. For me only the report matters. If it says i need to run defrag i run it but if it says my HDD is optimized then i won't bother with the %

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.