Backing up to USB HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by funrunr, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funrunr

funrunr Registered Member

Since I couldn't get TI to work over my wireless home network (it did the first time I tried it with a downloaded version of TI 9.x, but now it dies) I purchased an external 120 GB USB HDD.

Unfortunately, rather than making a single file for a given hard drive, TI 9.0 keeps making multiple 4.8GB files like it's writing to DVD's. Strange.

Is this a problem w/ TI or is it with my USB drive?

Can I get around it?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

1) Wireless is not supported.
    2) Your external drive is probably formatted FAT32 which has a file size limitation of 4GB. TI automatically breaks the image into 4GB chunks. If you don't want this then format your drive to NTFS, after copying your image files to DVD or another hard drive.

3. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

thomasjk

Wireless network backup is supported. Just completed a test of backing up several directrories, from my laptop over a Linksys wireless connection to a network shared usb attached disk connected to my desktop and the backup worked just fine, as did the validation.

Storage_man

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Per Acronis support from October https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=859054&highlight=wireless network#post859054.
    It may work but if you have problems they will not help. See post #2 and 12.

5. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

thomasjk

Ah Yes - You can perform Backups, but restoration is a different problem. It seems that the SAE doesn't see any wireless connections. - My error

Storage_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.