Backing up to tape with no tape.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jabouley, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabouley

jabouley Registered Member

As part of our backup scheme we schedule a Tape backup using Acronis 9.1 Enterprise at 11:00 pm. During the day we have several Image backups to NAS device all working. I noticed that if we forget to place a tape in the drive this will prevent the other jobs from running! Is there a way to have the job canceled if it is not complete within a certain time frame?

Thank you,
    John

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jabouley,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build 3718, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/.

If it doestn't help, could you please do the following?

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;

- Issue the following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;

- Replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from this ZIP archive.

- Run schedmgr application once again;

- Issue the following commands:

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

If the problem still persists then please do the following:

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder and send it to us (support@acronis.com) along with the link to this thread;

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

3. jabouley

We have almost the latest build. I just updated it last week and looked at the list of changes and found no mention of updates to the Scheduler. Before installing anything new that requires a restart I would like to get confirmation that this issue in fact has been addressed.

Also, I tried to download the "zip" archive from your message by clicking on the link and it found the file does not exist!!

John

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Acronis could you please also provide such a fix vor v8 enterprise build 1213.

We have the issue that some scheduled task won't work and halt every other task.

Please provide us with this information

5. Acronis Support

6. jabouley

I checked the new download you suggest but it only has Schedmgr.exe not the additional files you said were going to be there.

Listen, I just want confirmation that this problem of the backup failing will not prevent other Jobs from running. If this has been addressed in future releases I would like to know. I am not going to try all of these steps if the newest release still has the same issue.

By the way, since the backup job can not automatically eject the tape there is usually a tape in the drive and as such the backup job works. It is only if the end-user ejects the tape and forgets to put another in.

Thank you,
    John

7. Acronis Support

Hello jabouley,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that the current version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows does not allow you to run the scheduled task if the previous scheduled task did not complete successfully. This is because the program will wait for pressing OK in the prompt box. This behavior does not related to the tape drives, it does not depend on the place where you store the image archive. I believe Fedor misunderstood your question.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.