Backing up over the network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnf456, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnf456

johnf456 Registered Member

I am not sure if I am doing this right or even if the software can do what I want it to do. Like many admins I have multiable servers on my network. What I want to do is use the Acronis software to take an image of my exchange server (Windows 2003 Server) and place it onto a network drive made by LaCie using another Windows 2003 server where the Acronis software is installed on. The Acronis software I'm using is the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. Any ideas on how to do this or if I can even do this?

Thank You.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello johnf456,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that in order to perform this remote backup operations you will need to install Acronis True Image Agent on the comuter that you what to back up remotely (as I understood it is the server you mentioned first) and then using Acronis True Image Management Console connect to that remote computer and back up it. You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server and step-by-step instructions on how to create/restore backup archive in the respective User's Guide (check Chapter 4. "Using Acronis True Image Management Console").

Please also be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.