backing up Outlook pst

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by user601, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user601

user601 Registered Member

I have a workstation (w2k pro) used for artwork design where the user also has a large pst file. I was thinking about using 2 removeable hard drives and TI8 to image the machine each day at lunch time.

I thought about using a script to insure Outlook is stopped in case the user should forget but I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any way to launch TI via a script. So my question is does Outlook need to be stopped to insure that the pst will be consistent when the image is made? I guess an option would be to run a shutdown script shortly before the imaging is scheduled.

Also I plan to use the drives in a weekly rotation. I would schedule a full image on Monday and then incremental the next 4 days and then swap the drives at end of day on Friday. Are there any issues with that?

Thanks

2. Yellow-Cab-Driver

Yellow-Cab-Driver Registered Member

I used TI since version 7 with OutlookXP and never had any issues although Outlook was always online and used when imaging and several images had to be restored afterwards -> all went well!
    May be here is someone more technical who could explain why TI can do such things in a consistent way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.