Backing-Up MY Documents

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by niteghost, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Hi,
    Still quite new to TI.
    Have 2 Partition in my HD, C:/ and D:/ I just want to Backup My Documents only from C:/ to D:/. I am Tryoing to Upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro on C:/ Partition.
    How can I do this , Thanks

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Hello! You cannot image certain folders, just partitions. The only way to do this is to image the partition where the folder exists, then browse the image when it's done and copy that folder to the new partition. I assume you wouldn't even need to do this, since you should just be able to copy and paste the folder between drives without the use of imaging tools.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello niteghost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis program is disk imaging backup software, it views the hard drive as a group of sectors. During backup, the software creates an image from the sectors that contain data, creating an exact duplicate image of the hard disk. Because the product creates a backup in this way, it can backup everything on the drive, including both user accessible data as well as open Windows files - system files, the master boot record (MBR), partition tables and any partition-based boot records - that traditional file based backup methods overlook. Acronis can only backup an entire drive or partition. Please note that you can still restore individual files or folders from a backup image.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.