Backdoors?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by earth1, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluebird

bluebird Guest

lol, the comment "do the rest of us a favor" is example of group-think brainwashing. Don't you have an opinion of your own? I think windows update is used as a crutch by the fearful and those who lack knowledge of how to secure their system. They fall into big daddys arms thinking he's going to protect them from some imaginary enemy--but--what you don't know is daddy made up that part about an enemy and what he really wants is to open your backdoor! He wants to find out all about your mommy and daddy, all your brothers and sisters and their friends and put all that information into a big database where he and his mean friends can do bad things to people they don't like. And THAT, captain, is my primary concern.

Rather than trust ms to patch components that are by design insecure, I remove them. In this way I am protected from any potential invasion by preemptively declaring war on the nefarious purposes of the Empire. If anybodys computer is going to get cornholed, pal, its yours. And you'll never know the difference cause Bill's already got yours reamed out.

2. That was my opinion obviously. I'm a certified computer/network tech not a security consultant or programmer however, so say what you will.

Windows Update is a crutch for Microsoft's coding flaws and most people are in the correct state of mind to understand that. That doesn't mean the patches are perfect either though and some you might not even need. That's why its a good idea to educate yourself on such matters, when concerned, so you can judge for yourself instead of relying on delusions, assumptions, or popular opinion.

Removing components you don't use is a good idea but there are things you can't remove without Windows fouling up, and need patching to remove security flaws (e.g. RPC.) Does that mean you're using Windows? What about the big bad Empire trying to pork your relatives...

And no, I haven't seen the source so I can't say I'm 100% sure about anything. But that doesn't stop one from analyzing what really goes from the NIC to the WAN if they are so inclined.

I actually agree with you about the databases but that is going to happen to you no matter what O.S. you run on the internet.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

And honestly: I always thought I was getting paranoid...but lucky me :) I got some room left it seems ;)

c'mon guys, wake up and smell the hasjiezzzz...this is nothing new ... 20 years ago or even 50 years ago they allready had Echelon...

Every multinational will try to gather information for whatever reason...mostly because it means power :) and lets face it: m$ always wanted "power"...but I stick with something I am saying a long time:
    "I would miss all this, all this investigation and fixing and stuff...makes my time on the net waaaay more interesting :D and when things get out of hand we will all switch to something else, we all would I guess."

let's start by deleting the command.com ;)

4. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

There is undoubtedly too much paranoia on show from some folks as regards who is looking at what on their PCs. It is apparent that there are not enough Microsoft employees to monitor every M$ PC user in the world 24/7, so there must be something that alerts "watchers" to certain internet traffic and not most of the rest. This something was termed "Echelon" and is triggered by words such as "horse", "smack", "coke" and similar. So, let's give them an avalanche, by deliberately constructing sentences such as, "Get off your horse and drink your coke, or I'll give you a smack."
    :p

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  5. Infinity

another solution would be to plug the connection off, move to Siberia and hide ;)

there is just no way you can escape this all, it is embedded in our culture, in afaik in everyones culture..."evolution"...lol

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Explosives, guns, assassination, conspiracy, primers, detonators, initiators, main charge, nuclear charges, ambush, sniping, motorcade, IRS, BATF, jtf-6, mjtf, hrt, srt, hostages, munitions, weapons, TNT, rdx, amfo, hmtd, picric acid, silver nitrite, mercury fulminate, presidential motorcade, salt peter, charcoal, sulfur, c4, composition b, amatol, petn, lead azide, lead styphante, ddnp, tetryl, nitrocellulose, nitrostarch, mines, grenades, rockets, fuses, delay mechanism, mortars, rpg7, propellants, incendiaries, incendiary device, thermite, security forces, intelligence, agencies, hrt, resistance, psyops, infiltration, assault team, defensive elements, evasion, detection, mission, communications, the football, platter charge, shaped charges, m118, claymore, body armor, charges, shrapnel, timers, timing devices, boobytraps, detcord, pmk 40, silencers, Uzi, HK-MP5, AK-47, FAL, Jatti, Skorpion MP, teflon bullets, cordite, napalm, law, Stingers, RPK, SOCIMI 821 SMG, STEN, BAR, MP40, HK-G3,FN-MAG, RPD,PzB39, Air Force One, M60, RPK74, SG530, SG540, Galil arm, Walther WA2000, HK33KE, Parker-Hale MOD. 82, AKR, Ingram MAC10, M3, L34A1, Walther MPL, AKS-74, HK-GR6, subsonic rounds, ballistic media, special forces, JFKSWC, SFOD-D, SRT, Rewson, SAFE, Waihopai, INFOSEC, ASPIC, Information Security, SAI, Information Warfare, IW, IS, Privacy, Information Terrorism, Kenya, Terrorism Defensive Information, Defense Information Warfare, Offensive Information, Offensive Information Warfare, NAIA, SAPM, ASU, ECHELON ASTS, National Information Infrastructure, InfoSec, SAO, Reno, Compsec, JICS, Computer Terrorism, Firewalls, Secure Internet Connections, RSP, ISS, JDF, Passwords, NAAP, DefCon V, RSO, Hackers, Encryption, ASWS, Espionage, USDOJ, NSA, CIA, S/Key, SSL, FBI, Secret Service, USSS, Defcon, Military, White House, Undercover, NCCS, Mayfly, PGP, SALDV, PEM, resta, RSA, Perl-RSA, MSNBC, bet, AOL, AOL TOS, CIS, CBOT, AIMSX, STARLAN, 3B2, BITNET, Tanzania, SAMU, COSMOS, DATTA, E911, FCIC, HTCIA, IACIS, UT/RUS, JANET, ram, JICC, ReMOB, LEETAC, UTU, VNET, BRLO, SADCC, NSLEP, SACLANTCEN, FALN, 877, NAVELEXSYSSECENGCEN, BZ, CANSLO, CBNRC, CIDA, JAVA, rsta, Active X, Compsec 97, RENS, LLC, DERA, JIC, rip, rb, Wu, RDI, Mavricks, BIOL, Meta-hackers, ^?, SADT, Steve Case, Tools, RECCEX, Telex, OTAN, monarchist, NMIC, NIOG, IDB, MID/KL, NADIS, NMI, SEIDM, BNC, CNCIS, STEEPLEBUSH, RG, BSS, DDIS, mixmaster, BCCI, BRGE, SARL, Military Intelligence, JICA, Scully, recondo, Flame, Infowar, Bubba, Freeh, Archives, ISADC, CISSP, Sundevil, jack, Investigation, JOTS, ISACA, NCSA, ASVC, spook words, RRF, 1071, Bugs Bunny, Verisign, Secure, ASIO, Lebed, ICE, NRO, Lexis-Nexis, NSCT, SCIF, FLiR, JIC, bce, Lacrosse, Flashbangs, HRT, IRA, EODG, DIA, USCOI, CID, BOP, FINCEN, FLETC, NIJ, ACC, AFSPC, BMDO, site, SASSTIXS, NAVWAN, NRL, RL, NAVWCWPNS, NSWC, USAFA, AHPCRC, ARPA, SARD, LABLINK, USACIL, SAPT, USCG, NRC, ~, O, NSA/CSS, CDC, DOE, SAAM, FMS, HPCC, NTIS, SEL, USCODE, CISE, SIRC, CIM, ISN, DJC, bemd, SGC, UNCPCJ, CFC, SABENA, DREO, CDA, SADRS, DRA, SHAPE, bird dog, SACLANT, BECCA, DCJFTF, HALO, SC, TA SAS, Lander, GSM, T Branch, AST, SAMCOMM, HAHO, FKS, 868, GCHQ, DITSA, SORT, AMEMB, NSG, HIC, EDI, benelux, SAS, SBS, SAW, UDT, EODC, GOE, DOE, SAMF, GEO, JRB, 3P-HV, Masuda, Forte, AT, GIGN, Exon Shell, radint, MB, CQB, CONUS, CTU, RCMP, GRU, SASR, GSG-9, 22nd SAS, GEOS, EADA, SART, BBE, STEP, Echelon, Dictionary, MD2, MD4, MDA, diwn, 747, ASIC, 777, RDI, 767, MI5, 737, MI6, 757, Kh-11, EODN, SHS, ^X, Shayet-13, SADMS, Spetznaz, Recce, 707, CIO, NOCS, Halcon, NSS, Duress, RAID, Uziel, wojo, Psyops, SASCOM, grom, NSIRL, D-11, SERT, VIP, ARC, S.E.T. Team, NSWG, MP5k, SATKA, DREC, DEVGRP, DF, DSD, FDM, GRU, LRTS, SIGDEV, NACSI, MEU/SOC,PSAC, PTT, RFI, ZL31, SIGDASYS, TDM, SUKLO, SUSLO, TELINT, fake, TEXTA, ELF, LF, MF, SIGS, VHF, Recon, peapod, PA598D28, Spall, dort, 50MZ, 11Emc Choe, SATCOMA, UHF, SHF, ASIO, SASP, WANK, Colonel, domestic disruption, 5ESS, smuggle, Z-200, 15kg, DUVDEVAN, RFX, nitrate, OIR, Pretoria, M-14, enigma, Bletchley Park, Clandestine, NSO, nkvd, argus, afsatcom, CQB, NVD, Counter Terrorism Security, SARA, Rapid Reaction, JSOFC3IP, Corporate Security, Police, sniper, PPS, ASIS, ASLET, TSCM, Security Consulting, M-x spook, Z-150T, High Security, Security Evaluation, Electronic Surveillance, MI-17, ISR, NSAS, Counterterrorism, real, spies, IWO, eavesdropping, debugging, CCSS, interception, COCOT, NACSI, rhost, rhosts, ASO, SETA, Amherst, Broadside, Capricorn, NAVCM, Gamma, Gorizont, Guppy, NSS, rita, ISSO, submiss, ASDIC, .tc, 2EME REP, FID, 7NL SBS, tekka, captain, 226, .45, nonac, .li, Ionosphere, Mole, Keyhole, NABS, Kilderkin, Artichoke, Badger, Emerson, Tzvrif, SDIS, T2S2, STTC, DNR, NADDIS, NFLIS, CFD, quarter, Cornflower, Daisy, Egret, Iris, JSOTF, Hollyhock, Jasmine, Juile, Vinnell, B.D.M., Sphinx, Stephanie, Reflection, Spoke, Talent, Trump, FX, FXR, IMF, POCSAG, rusers, Covert Video, Intiso, r00t, lock picking, Beyond Hope, LASINT, csystems, .tm, passwd, 2600 Magazine, JUWTF, Competitor, EO, Chan, Pathfinders, SEAL Team 3, JTF, Nash, ISSAA, B61-11, Alouette, executive, Event Security, Mace, Cap-Stun, stakeout, ninja, ASIS, ISA, EOD, Oscor, Merlin, NTT, SL-1, Rolm, TIE, Tie-fighter, PBX, SLI, NTT, MSCJ, MIT, 69, RIT, Time, MSEE, Cable & Wireless, CSE, SUW, J2, Embassy, ETA, Fax, finks, Fax encryption, white noise, Fernspah, MYK, GAFE, forcast, import, rain, tiger, buzzer, N9, pink noise, CRA, M.P.R.I., top secret, Mossberg, 50BMG, Macintosh Security, Macintosh Internet Security, OC3, Macintosh Firewalls, Unix Security, VIP Protection, SIG, sweep, Medco, TRD, TDR, Z, sweeping, SURSAT, 5926, TELINT, Audiotel, Harvard, 1080H, SWS, Asset, Satellite imagery, force, NAIAG, Cypherpunks, NARF, 127, Coderpunks, TRW, remailers, replay, redheads, RX-7, explicit, FLAME, JTF-6, AVN, ISSSP, Anonymous, W, Sex, chaining, codes, Nuclear, 20, subversives, SLIP, toad, fish, data havens, unix, c, a, b, d, SUBACS, the, Elvis, quiche, DES, 1*, NATIA, NATOA, sneakers, UXO, (), OC-12, counterintelligence, Shaldag, sport, NASA, TWA, DT, gtegsc, owhere, .ch, hope, emc, industrial espionage, SUPIR, PI, TSCI, spookwords, industrial intelligence, H.N.P., SUAEWICS, Juiliett Class Submarine, Locks, qrss, loch, 64 Vauxhall Cross, Ingram Mac-10, wwics, sigvoice, ssa, E.O.D., SEMTEX, penrep, racal, OTP, OSS, Siemens, RPC, Met, CIA-DST, INI, watchers, keebler, contacts, Blowpipe, BTM, CCS, GSA, Kilo Class, squib, primacord, RSP, Z7, Becker, Nerd, fangs, Austin, no|d, Comirex, GPMG, Speakeasy, humint, GEODSS, SORO, M5, BROMURE, ANC, zone, SBI, DSS, S.A.I.C., Minox, Keyhole, SAR, Rand Corporation, Starr, Wackenhutt, EO, burhop, Wackendude, mol, Shelton, 2E781, F-22, 2010, JCET, cocaine, Vale, IG, Kosovo, Dake, 36,800, Hillal, Pesec, Hindawi, GGL, NAICC, CTU, botux, Virii, CCC, ISPE, CCSC, Scud, SecDef, Magdeyev, VOA, Kosiura, Small Pox, Tajik, +=, Blacklisted 411, TRDL, Internet Underground, BX, XS4ALL, wetsu, muezzin, Retinal Fetish, WIR, Fetish, FCA, Yobie, forschung, emm, ANZUS, Reprieve, NZC-332, edition, cards, mania, 701, CTP, CATO, Phon-e, Chicago Posse, NSDM, l0ck, spook, keywords, QRR, PLA, TDYC, W3, CUD, CdC, Weekly World News, Zen, World Domination, Dead, GRU, M72750, Salsa, 7, Blowfish, Gorelick, Glock, Ft. Meade, NSWT, press-release, WISDIM, burned, Indigo, wire transfer, e-cash, Bubba the Love Sponge, Enforcers, Digicash, zip, SWAT, Ortega, PPP, NACSE, crypto-anarchy, AT&T, SGI, SUN, MCI, Blacknet, ISM, JCE, Middleman, KLM, Blackbird, NSV, GQ360, X400, Texas, jihad, SDI, BRIGAND, Uzi, Fort Meade, *&, gchq.gov.uk, supercomputer, bullion, 3, NTTC, Blackmednet, :, Propaganda, ABC, Satellite phones, IWIS, Planet-1, ISTA, rs9512c, South Africa, Sergeyev, Montenegro, Toeffler, Rebollo, sorot, cryptanalysis, nuclear, 52 52 N - 03 03 W, Morgan, Canine, GEBA, INSCOM, MEMEX, Stanley, FBI, Panama, fissionable, Sears Tower, NORAD, Delta Force, SEAL, virtual, WASS, WID, Dolch, secure shell, screws, Black-Ops, O/S, Area51, SABC, basement, ISWG, $ @, data-haven, NSDD, black-bag, rack, TEMPEST, Goodwin, rebels, ID, MD5, IDEA, garbage, market, beef, Stego, ISAF, unclassified, Sayeret Tzanhanim, PARASAR, Gripan, pirg, curly, Taiwan, guest, utopia, NSG, orthodox, CCSQ, Alica, SHA, Global, gorilla, Bob, UNSCOM, Fukuyama, Manfurov, Kvashnin, Marx, Abdurahmon, snullen, Pseudonyms, MITM, NARF, Gray Data, VLSI, mega, Leitrim, Yakima, NSES, Sugar Grove, WAS, Cowboy, Gist, 8182, Gatt, Platform, 1911, Geraldton, UKUSA, veggie, XM, Parvus, NAVSVS, 3848, Morwenstow, Consul, Oratory, Pine Gap, Menwith, Mantis, DSD, BVD, 1984, blow out, BUDS, WQC, Flintlock, PABX, Electron, Chicago Crust, e95, DDR&E, 3M, KEDO, iButton, R1, erco, Toffler, FAS, RHL, K3, Visa/BCC, SNT, Ceridian, STE, condor, CipherTAC-2000, Etacs, Shipiro, ssor, piz, fritz, KY, 32, Edens, Kiwis, Kamumaruha, DODIG, Firefly, HRM, Albright, Bellcore, rail, csim, NMS, 2c, FIPS140-1, CAVE, E-Bomb, CDMA, Fortezza, 355ml, ISSC, cybercash, NAWAS, government, NSY, hate, speedbump, joe, illuminati, BOSS, Kourou, Misawa, Morse, HF, P415, ladylove, filofax, Gulf, lamma, Unit 5707, Sayeret Mat'Kal, Unit 669, Sayeret Golani, Lanceros, Summercon, NSADS, president, ISFR, freedom, ISSO, walburn, Defcon VI, DC6, Larson, P99, HERF pipe-bomb, 2.3 Oz., cocaine, $, impact, Roswell, ESN, COS, E.T., credit card, b9, fraud, ST1, assassinate, virus, ISCS, ISPR, anarchy, rogue, mailbomb, 888, Chelsea, 1997, Whitewater, MOD, York, plutonium, William Gates, clone, BATF, SGDN, Nike, WWSV, Atlas, IWWSVCS, Delta, TWA, Kiwi, PGP 2.6.2., PGP 5.0i, PGP 5.1, siliconpimp, SASSTIXS, IWG, Lynch, 414, Face, Pixar, IRIDF, NSRB, eternity server, Skytel, Yukon, Templeton, Johohonbu, LUK, Cohiba, Soros, Standford, niche, ISEP, ISEC, 51, H&K, USP, ^, sardine, bank, EUB, USP, PCS, NRO, Red Cell, NSOF, Glock 26, snuffle, Patel, package, ISI, INR, INS, IRS, GRU, RUOP, GSS, NSP, SRI, Ronco, Armani, BOSS, Chobetsu, FBIS, BND, SISDE, FSB, BfV, IB, froglegs, JITEM, SADF, advise, TUSA, LITE, PKK, HoHoCon, SISMI, ISG, FIS, MSW, Spyderco, UOP, SSCI, NIMA, HAMASMOIS, SVR, SIN, advisors, SAP, Monica, OAU, PFS, Aladdin, AG, chameleon man, Hutsul, CESID, Bess, rail gun, .375, Peering, CSC, Tangimoana Beach, Commecen, Vanuatu, Kwajalein, LHI, DRM, GSGI, DST, MITI, JERTO, SDF, Koancho, Blenheim, Rivera, Kyudanki, varon, 310, 17, 312, NB, CBM, CTP, Sardine, SBIRS, jaws, SGDN, ADIU, DEADBEEF, IDP, IDF, Halibut, SONANGOL, Flu, &, Loin, PGP 5.53, meta, Faber, SFPD, EG&G, ISEP, blackjack, Fox, Aum, AIEWS, AMW, RHL, Baranyi, WORM, MP5K-SD, 1071, WINGS, cdi, VIA, DynCorp, UXO, Ti, WWSP, WID, osco, Mary, honor, Templar, THAAD, package, CISD, ISG, BIOLWPN, JRA, ISB, ISDS, chosen, LBSD, van, schloss, secops, DCSS, DPSD, LIF, PRIME, SURVIAC, telex, SP4, Analyzer, embassy, Golf, B61-7, Maple, Tokyo, ERR, SBU, Threat, JPL, Tess, SE, EPL, SPINTCOM, ISS-ADP, Merv, Mexico, SUR, SO13, Rojdykarna, airframe, 510, EuroFed, Avi, shelter, Crypto AG.

There - use that for all your emails as a signature at the bottom (have it in white text so it doesn't show). Pete

7. Wow.

:eek:

Someone somewhere definetly looked at that!

8. bluebird

bluebird Guest

It's not just 'my' relatives I'm concerned about. If you don't suspect my neighbor of illegal activity, why investigate him?

9. Infinity

I see you forgot some important words...me thinks you should update this list :D :cool:

10. Graphic Equaliser

Spy1, your post has crippled my website - I cannot currently reach www.jacobsm.com yet I can receive emails, and get site-tracker statistics. Perhaps the Feds cut my page! Or there is some minor fault which will be rectified by Monday - we'll see.

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

G.E - With all due respect, there's no possible way my plain-text post could have crippled anything.

Nor, to the best of my knowledge, would using such a sig on an email do so (it certainly doesn't cause that here, at least the parts of it I use).

Have you tried pinging the site to see if it's up?

When I use IDServe, I get this:

Initiating server query ...
    Looking up IP address for domain: www.jacobsm.com
    The IP address for the domain is: 195.129.111.59
    Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
    [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
    The server returned the following response headers:
    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:54:21 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29
    Last-Modified: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:07:38 GMT
    ETag: "1caf51b-11ed3-4257c58a"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Length: 73427
    Content-Type: text/html
    X-Cache: MISS from dsaccel2.svc.ops.eu.uu.net
    X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from dsaccel2.svc.ops.eu.uu.net:80
    Connection: close
    Query complete.

When I ping it from here with DCS's Port Explorer, I get this:

__________________________________________________________________[10-APR-2005][01:00]
    Pinging dsaccel2.svc.ops.eu.uu.net [195.129.111.59] with 32 bytes of data

Reply From 195.129.111.59: Bytes=32 Time=125ms
    Request Timed Out
    Reply From 195.129.111.59: Bytes=32 Time=124ms
    Request Timed Out

Packets: Sent=4, Received=2, Lost=2 (50%% loss)
    Approximate Round Trip Times in Milliseconds:
    Minimum=124ms, Maximum=125ms, Average=124ms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm no expert, but 50% packet loss doesn't sound too good.

Hopefully it'll get straightened out. Pete

*Strangely enough, I get the site just fine here using IE.

12. bluebird

bluebird Guest

You have nothing to hide? We'll see about that.

As of april 6, 2005 Paul Rosenzweig (Total Information Awareness) is chairman of homeland security's privacy board.

Claria/Gator (spyware) Vice President D. Reed Freeman is a member of homeland security's privacy board.

Amit Yoran, (Symantec/Norton) spent 1 year with HS as U.S. Internet Security Chief.

The internet is a wonderful tool for correlating myriad bits of information. But knowledge in the hands of the people is dangerous to elitists. If there is one thing elitists cannot stand it is unpredictability. Therefore it is more important than ever to identify/root out dissenters, and this is where Sir Bill Gates fits in.

13. Graphic Equaliser

Spy1, www.jacobsm.com is now back up and running - it must have been a glitch at Pipex. Thanks for investigating for me, but I was only joking at the suggestion that it could have been your post!!

Secunia reports Linux has as many problems with security as Windows does. So it looks like, if you connect to the Internet, you're at risk.

14. northwoods

northwoods Guest

yeah Pete I been gettin port scanned left n right here. I'm thinkin somebody owes me some money for damages.

15. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

<g> Lots of luck with that! :D Pete

16. Graphic Equaliser

Since that post by Spy1, I've been illegally arrested, beaten up, imprisoned without explanation, and escorted out of the country. I am posting this to you from Camp X-Ray and hope to be back in the UK when the Iraqi occupation is over. Don't let them break our spirits, comrades...

17. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Just when I was getting to really know you too, GE. Hey,your initials are GEo_O GE!?! Who ARE you?!o_O

We'll send cookies!:D

Marja:cool:

(I now have a new favorite journalist, thanks to you and your link to SFGate! Thanks for that! :))

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  18. Graphic Equaliser

Marja, I am not a mystery - life is. I'm glad you enjoyed the link - he is a good writer, but I'm not completely convinced of his ultimate good will yet.

Back on the thread's subject, I've been looking at the services that run normally on a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC, and I am staggered by the findings. There are already the roots of file system indexing going on with "Indexing Services", which shows the direction Microsoft are heading. Also there are strange "backdoor" network services, like "Remote Access Connection Manager" which has the rather curt description, "Creates a network connection." and is started whenever a connection is made to a remote server. How do we know that M$ haven't rigged this service up so that it can easily "snoop" on people? We take a lot of things on trust from M$. Again, I don't lose sleep about this, mostly because it's probably not true. But without the source code to hand, and the ability to compile and test it, I don't know that.

Linux takes an open source approach, so you could compile it yourself and play with it, if you were so inclined. M$ tries to create the perfect environment for us, and Linux leaves that up to us. Which is better must be a matter of choice (M$ is for lazy people, and Linux is for people who spend too much time on computers :) ), for both suffer terrible amounts of hackings. Personally, I am looking for the next OS, that (hopefully) will be more basic in its approach to comms, because I think it is all the "adornments" on software that should be simple, like browsers and email clients, that are causing the "holes" to appear in the systems.

Ever increasing complexity necessitates foundation reforming from time to time - most programmers know this. The OS industry is going to have to rethink, if it is going to survive a burgeoning spam, hacker and virus/trojan exploit "black market".

19. Marja

Well, I get the feeling that is just what they want, I don't believe they are companies in a vacuum!

There are just too many connections between multi-nationals, corpses, and the ilk.

We could just go back to command lines?

Or we can play the game, and cheat?

They are really taking the creativity out of M$, pretty soon we won't have to think at all, maybe that is the hope, might even be working! :D

Of course Life is a mystery, GE, but each person is a little chapter in the OPUS.

Spy1, I have read your list more than once, and I still can't see PTA!

20. Marja

No backdoors, just walk right in. When you hear all the 'stuff' the government is doing to invade our privacy - then you read something like this? We are making it easier, they aren't necessarily smarter!

Ridge Says RFID Boosts Security
    www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,67192,00.html?tw=rss.TOP

Unless what they finally end up with needs no encryption, which could be..........? As people notice their e-passport information being used like bank information is now, the government will apologize and go to what they have wanted for years anyway, using the actual persons as their own identity, after billions are squandered or 'lost' of course.

See, it's easy to be paranoid! It just takes thinking and that is what Spy1 and Graphic Equalizer are 'up' to.

Something we should all be doing more of anyway!

Put it on my card!

21. Graphic Equaliser

Thanks for that superb reply, Marja - you're obviously thinking. After a lifetime of it, I'm pretty sure it's normal to think, despite society's mainstream appearances and contentions. ;) :p

22. Marja

I "think" it is wonderful to be able to think! :p

Your lifetime isn't over yet, GE! Some people are soo distracted by the hurdles society has put in their way, I really believe alot of people would be happy hiding somewhere- else!

So, I guess you, Spy1 and others who care about the world will have to stay and keep our minds on OUR business- which is what it should be, NOT their business.

Stick around and keep our eyes open!

Ready when you are, GE. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.