backdoor trojan graybird.gen....

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by dr4956, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

hi i have a back door trojan graybird.gen in my registry and kavis06 did not find nor did boclean,but spyware doctor found it removed and had me also scan in safe mode .and next day same thing in 3 places,how can i remove it for good please help i am a novice ...thanks.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

thanks i will do that and post...

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As there have been False Positives in the past with other like programs concerning graybird....would you mind posting the registry location that Spyware Doctor flagged Please.

Bubba

5. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

David,

Thank you for contacting PC Tools.

We're sorry for the problems you are currently experiencing. Please note backdoor.graybird was a false positive at one stage. However there is a real backdoor.graybird flowing around the internet now. To ensure that you don't have it on a computer, please complete the following steps which will enable us to troubleshoot the problem in far more detail.

1. Open Spyware Doctor and click on Tools, select the Malware Detective Tool and then click Run Tool and Next> to continue.

2. Tick the box 'I have received a request from support to run the malware Detective' and click Next> to continue.

3. Please wait until the Malware Detective Wizard collects the required information from your computer. (this may take several minutes)

Next>

4. Enter your name and email address and ticket number in the spaces provided. In the section "Enter Your Question Below", please enter or copy and paste your ticket number.

*** Your ticket number can be found in the subject of this message.

We will then analyze the information and respond as soon as possible.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.