backdoor.agent.ba

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jrieder, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrieder

jrieder Registered Member

I have AVG on my machine and have contracted this nasty trojan. I can not get rid of it. It keeps creating a file called sp.html. I have read some bad outcomes from this thing...including that AVG is suspiciously involved. I just want to get rid of it. Can anyone help.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. jrieder

jrieder Registered Member

I did the trend micro house call and it found 4 files which were so deep in the path that I could not see the final name...but it did not remove my problems. Looks like a file ohcm.dll in system 32 keeps recurring. I have successfully deleted it but is keeps coming back. In my user ...\Local Settings\Temp there are files that keep occurring like ~DF6E96 that are type TMP there may be anywhere from 3 to 10 of these (variations of the name) but seems all but two are cover files because they can be easily deleted. But two are 'in use' and cannot be deleted, renamed, or moved. Guess I should try other tools. Currently I use Spyware Guard, Search and Destroy, AVG (free), Black Ice, and have a router. I know the bad guys must have gotten in by my surfing the web somehow...but I really am annoyed and have spent dozens of hours trying to clean this stuff off. Please help.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.