Back with ESET

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jjc225, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Years ago I used ESET Smart Security on a Windows Vista pc, but didn't much like the behavior of the firewall and the overall operation of the system. So for the last four years I had not used ESET on any of my computers. Even with reading recently some of the concerns about the latest version, I purchased a subscription of NOD32 for one of my Windows 7 (64-bit) pcs. So far, I am very impressed with its operation. Thorough and quick scans, no slowdown to speak of, simple but elegant GUI. Internet connection is fast on startups, etc. I like this much better than Smart Security, as I believe Windows 7 firewall is good enough. I also have a paid version of Superantispyware as an extra layer of protection.

I don't know, I feel confident and content with ESET. It just seems like a very good choice for security protection for this computer. But I wonder about their customer service. How is it? I know about the forum here, but can you really get through to speak to someone, or is their turnaround decent on email queries?

Thanks.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello jjc225
    I can tell you about my own experience with Eset Support. My local Eset distributor, "Eurosecure", use email based support and and if needed, you can download a small program to give them Remote Access to your pc and and thereby Support through your Internet. Personally, I have only used email support a couple of times, and always received great service from the guys from Eurosecure. They have always answered within 24 hours. So unfortunately I have nothing to complain about (yet :D ). But I think it will be interesting to see ,what others have to say to your question. Oh I forgot to write regarding telephone support, some local Eset distributors offer that service and others do not. So take a closer look at the level of support your local Eset distributor can offer you.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.