back up went ok but restore failed

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JerseyErnie, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyErnie

JerseyErnie Registered Member

Using Paragon Backup & Recovery 2011(free edition) I backed up my internal hard drive with no errors or problems. I tried to do a restore using the restore Wizard. It started OK and then told me that it needed to do a restart of my computer, which I ok'd. When it restarted with Paragons program it said "some errors occurred: can't open/create file". This locked up the PC and I had to force a power-down shut off. I have no clue what's the problem. Any help from forum members would be appreciated. I run Win 7 Home Premium.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

When the computer restarted it loaded the Linux-based recovery environment. Sometimes the Linux stuff is not a good fit for some machines or configurations or there may be some other issue. Try making the Paragon recovery CD and booting directly from it to do the restore and see if it makes any difference.

3. JerseyErnie

JerseyErnie Registered Member

the same thing happened using the recovery cd. I did a verify of the backup and it was good.

4. alex30

alex30 Registered Member

Hi jerseyernie,
    I had a similar problem and found that it was when I used the Disk view to restore. When I choose Archives view in the main window and then selected "Show partitions" in the drop down menu underneath the large blue disc I was able to right click on the required archive and select " Restore from the selected archive" For me this worked perfectly. Hope it helps.
    Regards Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.