Back up drive will not boot.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by npc2396, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npc2396

npc2396 Registered Member

I just installed Paragon 10.1 free to clone my main hard drive to be restored to a SSD. I backed the drive up to a 2nd hardrive including a complete back up of the MBR. I used the restore CD to open the back up and restored the partition from the 2nd harddrive to the SSD. I disconnected the primary hard drive to simulate a failed drive and forced the bios to boot from the SSD but it will not boot.
    The image is there (50GB) but I can not boot from the SSD? I get the failure to boot message.

I'm running Windows 7 Home edition that was upgraded from Vista in December.

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Do you have the SSD plugged into the same SATA port as the original drive? Assuming the backup and restore worked as it should, the MBR and BCD copied to the SSD would be pointing at disk 0 (or whatever slot the original was in) so you will need the SSD connected to the same physical port as the original.

Alternatively, you could repair the installation on the SSD to boot the way it is now using our boot corrector (update BCD and MBR) or the windows 7 startup repair disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.