Back to Internet Cafe Computers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by BillyH, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyH

BillyH Registered Member

I appreciate the answers to my earlier question. It seems like there could be a program that displayed a keyboard and numeric pad and if you used your mouse to click on the virtual keyboard for user names and passwords instead of typing sensitive data, would that not make it secure?

I'm just curious. Is there anything like that? Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Billy - Typing "on-screen keyboard" (without the quotes) into Google should get you plenty of info about them.

XP even has one built-in (Start/AllPrograms/Accessories/Accessibility/On-Screen Keyboard). Pete

3. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

That will also beat one of them new-fangled $200 USB hardware keyloggers...yeah?

4. BillyH

BillyH Registered Member

So, if I can log on to my credit card account with an On-screen Keyboard to see if there have been any unauthorized purchases, etc, do you agree that I am safe? I’ll shy away from paying bills, etc. What's the general consensus? Please let me know, Thanks.

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Interested to hear myself (although I don't use Internet Cafe Computers, or on-screen keyboards here at home).

Another question that occurs to me is : would using an onscreen keyboard to initiate your password when setting up a PGP (or other) new password eliminate the possibility of ever recovering it from the computer? (Assuming you don't choose to have your password kept on your computer to start with).

Hey! Security Experts! What's the word? :D Pete

6. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

BAAD link... go here to be scared...

http://castlecops.com/downloads-file-55.html

Usb Sniffer for Windows
    Description: Based on tom and roland from wingmanteam work. This is a tool that log the usb data exchange btween hardware and device driver!
    Version: 1.5-beta3 Filesize: 248.02 Kb
    Added on: 13-Mar-2002 Downloads: 1340......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.