B&R Paid Disk Wipe

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by flyingpart, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingpart

flyingpart Registered Member

Purchased B&R 10 SUITE yesterday
    I have been going through the menus in the main program and the newly created recovery CD. I can not find the Disk Wipe feature anywhere. This is probably something simple, but I just can not find where this feature is. I searched the program Help and got zero returns and I searched the KB for disk wipe under B&R Suite and got zero returns. Is Disk Wipe a secrete or what?

Starting to wonder if the purchase was a mistake.

2. flyingpart

I called Paragon support and got through to a person, but had to leave my computer while waiting. The tech person told what I should do to start a disk wipe when I get back to my computer.

When I did get to my computer I did what he said. Now I wonder if paragon tech support knows the diff between WIPE and delete. Just like the help files, the info I was given by the tech person was for delete NOT WIPE.

Once again - is there a disk wipe feature as listed on the products web page and how is it accessedo_O?

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You should find it under Wizards

WIPE-1.jpg

Hope it helps

4. flyingpart

Thanks for the reply, but you are using Disk Manager and I am using Backup & Restore Suite 10.

I can not do what you are showing because I do not have the same menu items that you are showing.

I purchased and downloaded B&R from the link sent to me. I wish it was as easy as you show.

Thanks again for your time.

5. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Hello,
    I read the manual and it seems Disk Wipe is only available at the Delete Partition Command. When you delete a partition it will give an option to zero out the partition. So, I guess if you have multiple partitions, you will have to wipe multiple times. Not sure how you would do this on a bootable partition though unless this option was also available on the Bootable CD version of Paragon.

6. flyingpart

Wa-hoo, you are lucky that you are not here in my office. If you were I'd kiss you on the forehead.
    Finally someone understands my issue.
    Yes I found the option buried down in the delete partition, but as you point out I have to wipe partitions one after the other and not the entire disk at once. That is not an acceptable choice and that is not something that PARAGON should call a "DISK WIPE" feature.

Paragon: I work with disks that have two/more partitions. When I am done doing what I do to an image I have to wipe the entire disk before I restore the saved clean/safe base image. At the end of the day I start the disk wipe and when I came back the next morning I have a clean disk. This method of only being able to do partition wipes one after the other is ludicrous.

Paragon: where is the "DISK WIPE" feature that you state this software package containso_O??

7. flyingpart

OK, story ended
    Paragon support said that a whole Disk Wipe is not part of this package. They apologized for any inconvenience and offered to give me a copy of their Disk Wipe product.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Worked out well for you , I'm glad to see.

9. flyingpart

Yes it did, Paragon support left me with a rather positive impression.

Oh, and thanks again for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.