B&R 2012 didnot wipe partition during recovery

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by kenw, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenw

kenw Registered Member

I did a restore on my boot and C: drive. IT was supposed to wipe both partitions before restore. Don't know about the boot partition, but it didnot wipe
    my C: partition.

I was restoring to remove Google Update ( which cannot be uninstalled) rather than manually remove it. The image was 4 days old and before Google Update got installed.

When I looked at my C: drive the folder for Google Update was still there.

Any ideas ?

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Was this performed from recovery media?

3. kenw

kenw Registered Member

From Windows 7 I saw that it was not overwriting so I switched to the recovery cd and did a restore from my image file. Checked and the program was still there. I double checked the image file and it did not contain the Google program. I could not find an option to overwrite or not. According to the help file it's supposed to clear the partition and write the image.

4. kenw

kenw Registered Member

Paragon came back with their "cure". Delete the partitions first before restoring the image. Just what I did in the first place after I noticed the problem.

Guess restore only works on a "clean" drive/partition.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If that's the solution it is really a workaround. You were fortunate that you had something obvious to indicate it wasn't what you desired. Restoring the image should do just that, restore the image.

I hope they issue a patch.

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Please clarify, is this about a file backup and restore? I think this cannot happen in a partition restore. A restore always overwrites the target partition, all the information in it is lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.