B&R 10: Disk numbers alternate in win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mrsneabs, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsneabs

mrsneabs Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble in Paragon backup & recovery 10 professional. Now and then on my win7 64bit the disk numbers alternate after a (re)boot. So if the C disk was disk 0 and D disk was disk 1, then now and they come the other way around, that is C is disk 1 and D is disk 0. This ruins the scheduled backup as in the script it says: select disk 1 for backing up files on the D disk. After such a switch Paragon starts to backup my C (even worse it marks it then as a D disk backup.

Is the a solution for this behaviour (It is known by Microsoft that disk numbers can change after boot)

BR
    /Ben

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The issue should be fixed in 11 version. Did you try to use Hard Disk Manager 2011 ? Maybe Demo will be enough for tests.

3. mrsneabs

mrsneabs Registered Member

Thanks for answering.
    No I have not tested the Hard Disk manager 2011. Is that to be viewed as the successor of B&R 10 or will there be a B&R 11 ?
    I would like at least to reuse my scripts for cyclic backsup that I used on B&R 10.

BR
    /Ben

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You can use your scripts in HDM 2011 too.
    B&R 11 will be released in a month or two. So you can wait for new B&R or purchase HDM 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.