B&R 10 and Partition Manager 11

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by cincinnatijack, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

I am using paid B&R 10, version 10.0.17.13146 (25.03.11 ) Home, on a daily basis, making image backups of three partitions using one script.
    This setup was working good for the last few months with no problems at all.

A couple day ago I received from Giveaway of the Day the Paragon Partition Manager 11 Personal Special Edition - Covermount (English)!, it was installed and tried on my computer, and it looked good; after installing this program I started have strange and confusing behavior from the B&R 10 backup script.

The B&R image backup would start normally but when when the first partition backup is finished, instead of starting the second partition backup, the computer would shut down and restart in Linux and continue with the backup of the second and then the third partition then shut down again, restarting in the normal Windows mode.

I removed the new Paragon Partition Manager 11 Personal Special Edition from the computer but that didn't fix the problem, restoring back with earlier image backup fixed the problem and all is well now.

This is the strangest behavior that I ever saw, B&R 10 and Paragon Partition Manager 11 Personal Special Edition must have some common subroutines or programs that they both use and the Partition Manager 11 update or changed.

Let me know if I am the only one that had the pleasure of tackling this problem. My system is Windows 7 64 Bit.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

To avoid problems like these, it is generally recommended not to have more than one disk/partition/image manager installed. Sometimes, the “second” program can´t even be installed.

3. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

I didn't know that Paragon Partition Manager 11 and Backup & Recovery 10 programs are in the same family and may conflict with each other.

If you have the Paragon Partition Manager 11, there will be no way to make backups.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I think Partition Manager can create backups (there must be limitations), and B&R 10 can do common partition operations.

The need for a "second" program can be eliminated if the "first" is chosen carefully, which in the case of Paragon is not easy because there are many programs with many overlaps and the information is confusing.

Also, these programs can be run from boot disks or USB sticks. So, if there is a real need for a “second” program, it is possible to use it without installing it. Or, both can be run from boot media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.