Awful, awful support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JeremyP, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyP

JeremyP Registered Member

Some 6 weeks ago, I go an error running True Image Home Version 10. Support got back to me, and asked me to install something called SnapAPI. This stopped Acronis working at all - it wouldn't even start up.

I was then sent a version of Acronis to re-install, with a new serial key. When installing, this asked for the old one, but refused the previous serial key I had used.

After three iterations of this, support passed it on to Second tier support, and that's the last I have heard of it. I have an ISO image I can use, but that means NO automatic backup, and that I have to boot every time I want to backup.

It seems to me I am being deliberately ignored, and I am really pissed off with Acronis, who have taken my money and left me without a useable product. I asked them why they could not send me a fresh copy with a new serial key as a new install, but did not get a reply.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed? Including legal action if necessary. I live in England.

2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

if so , demand your money back , and try other products , the market is full of backup software

its about time companies will take customers more seriously :mad:

3. JeremyP

JeremyP Registered Member

Have tried that by email and was ignored. Guess I will have to write to Head Office.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Before jumping off the ship, try the Acronis Live Chat. It seems to get the best rating of the support methods.

5. Bodhyfryd

Bodhyfryd Registered Member

I must agree with the previous post. I am afraid that I have found general Acronis Support to be lamentable - often no reply to an email, or at best an unreasonably long wait. But when I have something urgent, I have tried Live Chat and have found it to be very effective.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

JeremyP, you can contact our Live Chat service here.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.