AWesome BattleShip Game!!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by hayc59, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

2. dog

dog Guest

Bad place ... Won't let me Play! :mad: :'( :D

Need instructions converted to english ... 'cus I'm lost o_O

dog - *puppy* - :D

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

4. dog

dog Guest

How can I play!!!

dog - *puppy*

5. bigc73542

first you are going to need a butter knife and a roll of duct tape :D

6. dog

dog Guest

[MOVE]ROTF LMAO - Thanks BigC[/MOVE]

:D :D :D

dog - *puppy*

7. bigc73542

When the game comes up click play, the three boxes above to game board with planes a bomb and a torpedo are to click on one of these and then click somewhere on the blank game board on the right. You will get the action that you clicked. to just shoot at the opponents ships just click on the blank board on the right anywhere to shoot that square.

8. dog

dog Guest

Hey BigC,

All I get is this ...

Titel: Schiffe versenken - Kategorie: Games/Other
    Laut gedacht: okay okay, schon 100 mal gesehen, aber immer dann wenn einem am arbeitsplatz wieder mal so richtig langweilig ist hat man den link verbummelt! deshalb hier noch eine schöne version mit ein paar kleinen extrawaffen. hinter manchen feldern verstecken sich superbomben torpedos und andere gemeinheiten, um den gegner das leben schwer zu machen. runde um runde läßt sich so der tag ertragen! :)
    Quelle: gamerival
    mehr spass im netz? dann schnell den WWW.CHILLOUTZONE.DE newsletter abonnieren!
    E-Mail: subscribe: unsubscribe:

I guess it uses ActiveX ...

dog - *puppy*

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2004
  9. bigc73542

This is what I get. this screen is just under the text that you see.

Attached Files:

10. bigc73542

Score update 69.898 then the game crashed. LOL

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

What happened to the Battleship Game?...I put it in my Faves etc., but all I get now is either a little game about running over pengies with a big snowball or M$ telling me there's an error in IE and I should send a report to M$!!! Even hayc's link don't work any more nor does typing into the addy bar in IE...and I was just starting to get good at it. :'(

Anybody know wha' happen'.....Please...

Cochise, :cool: (Captain of the Titanic)!!

12. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Veilen Danke, mein leibe Primrose...but...ich nicht Deutche Sprechen....und so ver cannst ich geht sehr Englische version von commt zuruch haben.....These are the remnants of my German lessonen von Funfzig yahre ago...Loooool... :D

Cochise, :cool:

14. Primrose

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hey! Primrose...it's getting serious now...all the Links just get me the M$IE Error message about closing down and send report to you know who!! Any idea what's gone wrong please....Don't frighten me but what's that about requiring a new Browser??.....

I don't think I want to play Battleshoips any more....it's too much like hard work...Looooool....know what I mean? :)

Grtz and Regards, Cochise, :cool:

16. Primrose

can't tell you the solution except they are all shockwave flash type files and they work for me..bummer..maybe you closed down your activeX and do not have the most recent shockwave player. No error message here..but it is a fact that the original link to the battle ship game is now another game so the one above is direct from the developers site.

17. Primrose

18. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well! I have no idea what has gone wrong now Primrose....all of those links give me the error message that Microsoft has encountered a problem and has to close....very sorry for inconvenience.....tell M$ about the problem....send error report...yadayada...??

Not only that, any attempt to hit the Net by typing in an addy, just results in the same message...all except Wilders and my outlook Express email..?? :doubt:

I can only think I have somehow got a config. wrong somewhere but I have no idea where or how.

reckon I'll have to take it to Software and Services and scream help again LOL

Grtz, Cochise, :cool:
    PS. Thanks for your help so far. :-*

19. Primrose

Well give me the exact error message...and if you have xp you can shut down that error reporting in anycase..M$ has not used it for a long time. It was institued to help developer get in the swing of the new OS and be compatible with it.

M-005c: Office XP Error Reporting May Send Sensitive Documents to Microsoft

http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/m-005.shtml

Microsoft Error Reporting
    Data Collection Policy
    Objective
    The Microsoft Error Reporting tool allows users to report errors to Microsoft via the Internet. When an error occurs, users with an Internet connection can immediately report the error to Microsoft. If the error report indicates that one or more third-party products were involved in causing the problem, Microsoft may send the report to those third parties. Qualified software or hardware developers (employed by Microsoft or one of its partners) will analyze the fault data and try to identify and correct the problem.

Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
    To disable Error Reporting in Internet Explorer 6 running on Windows XP:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel (or point to Settings, and then click Control Panel).
    Double-click System (or click "Switch to Classic View", and then double-click System).
    Click the Advanced tab, and then click Error Reporting.
    Click "Disable error reporting" to disable both user and kernel-mode error reporting, or click to clear the Programs check box.
    Click OK, then click OK again.

http://watson.microsoft.com/dw/1033/dcp.asp

:)

20. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi Primrose,

I'm on 98se....I don't have that facility in 'System' I'm sorry to say...I managed to get to M$ Support....fat lot of good they are....all they can say is that the message I get denotes an 'Unrecoverable Error'....I have tried to capture the message so that I can post it but once it pops up it won't allow right click or copy and paste...all i can do is decline to send error to M$ then it just goes back to my Browser or Desk-top....Grrrr! bummer..

Many thanks for your time Primrose, most appreciated.. :D

Cochise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.