AVL Mini antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by farmerlee, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Dunno if its been posted the here before but i just read about it in the latest pc world magazine. Its a mini av scan engine that supposedly detects viruses, adware, spyware and more.

Its free to download and free to use, they release a new serial number for it each month which lasts for the duration of that month.

File download is here,
    http://www.antiy.net/product/avl/download.htm

December serial number is here,
    http://www.antiy.net/product/avl/code.htm

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Antiy?
    That's the developer of Ghostbuster.
    Have you tried the mini av?

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Really tiny, the realtime scanner(?) is only 1490K :eek:
    When the interface is started (for on demand scanning and so on) it goes up to 50Mb.
    But it wont update the database. It fails everytime. Allowed through the firewall. It did find a keylogger that I keep in a zip file. But wont clean it inside of the zip file.
    It seems that it will not react on this keylogger when it is copied or when I run it o_O only during on demand scan...strange.
    The report window is not rezisable so one cant see fully what it found if the path is long.
    Runs along with Drweb without problem (yes Drweb reacts on the file when copied but I tell it to ignore)
    No self protection, can be killed by the task manager. Maybe this is only a on demand AV?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well since miniav is only an on demand scanner then it wouldnt detect it if you executed it.
    at least thats what i think.
    and maybe thats why its compatible with all av's because it doesnt have a resident shield.
    lodore

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

A better option is just to use some of the online scanners. They can detect & clean all that stuff too, including rootkits < F-Secure.

6. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks lodore. I misunderstood this software (note to myself: read more carefully next time). I thought it was a regular AV with resident shield since it has a process loaded all the time. No wonder it is so small :)

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

sounds like dr.web cure it, with cure it doesnt need to be installed and, well... its better and free.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i like dr web cure it.
    when version 5.0 is out will dr web cure it be version 5.0 as well?
    so dr web cure it uses the new better faster engine?
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.