Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kloshar, Feb 3, 2004.
Is AVK good antivirus?
Take a look at this >
Here some tests >
1. Reliable AntiVirus (RAV) v8 http://www.rokop-security.de/main/article.php?sid=632#RAV
2. RAV + AntiVirenKit 11 (AVK) from G-Data http://www.rokop-security.de/main/article.php?sid=494
3. AntiVirenKit professional 2004 from GDATA [KAV+BitDef] http://www.rokop-security.de/main/article.php?sid=691
eXtendia Antivirus AVK would be RAV.
eXtendia Antivirus AVK Pro would be AntiVirenKit 11 - with KAV+RAV engine.
But is my AVK (eXtendia) the same as AVK from G-Data ?
And what does it have to do with RAV?
1. eXtendia AVK should be RAV.
'Your AVK' is a Single Engine Antivirus. On the eXtendia site it says: 'eXtendia NOW includes the AntiVirus engine technology that Microsoft recently purchased ...'. That has to be the company which produced the RAV software.
2. AVK from G-Data is a Double Engine Antivirus. Version 12/2004 has the Kaspersky + Bitdefender engine. Version 11 has Kaspersky + RAV engine.
3. eXtendia AVK Pro should be AVK G-Data 11. It is a Double Engine Antivirus with Kav engine + 'Microsoft's Future AntiVirus technology?...eXtendia NOW includes the AntiVirus engine technology that Microsoft recently purchased for possible future Windows and Microsoft products'. That has to be, as mentioned above RAV.
Thanx 4 the informations.
My copy of extendia avk has kav as the scan engine, and my extendia avk pro has kav and rav.
Was that the $9.95 AVK . That is a good deal for a KAV as even the Kav lite costs around $16
I paid $12.00 for avk pro and $9.95 for avk. both online
AVK pro costs 29.95 now, I have seen this in the webpage. Problably this is a very good antivirus and trojan detector because it detects the spion trojan, and I have seen few antivirus that also detect trojans that have in its database this one. I iven had trojan programs that didn't ditect it. Spy sweeper detected this malware. I want to ask this:
1.-Does it has a good database?
2.-Is its euristics good?
3.-Does it have a good unpacking engine?
Thanks for answering
It is a kaspersky based scan engine. It should have about the same detection as kav it does have hueristics. it should be a good av.If you do some online searching you can find extendia avx pro for around $10.00 It does have an unpacking engine
AVK from GDATA is a fine piece of software - we recently have tested this one:
I for one would advice the GDATA version instead of Extendia.
where can i see info for the gdata version (with bitdefender) in English!?
Some info here: http://www.rokop-security.de/main/article.php?sid=691
It would be real good if the download link was to an AV english language version
Or this ----> AntiVirenKit 2004 professional Trial english
It would also be good if you could get an ENGLISH speaking page to be able to order the product, plus find out how much it is in AMerican dollars LOL
Danke freundlicher Sir
I am using AVK pro (RAV & KAV). So far it protects my computer very good.
About the prices: I have paid for it €29 but that price includes only weekly updates. I had to pay another €39 for getting automatically updated every hour.
err.. is there a link for "extendia avk pro" demo? i think 2005 version is out for AntiVirenKit.... is there any difference between extendia and non-extendia?
eXtendia uses RAV and KAV, and the program itself isn't going to be updated anymore I don't think.
GDATA uses KAV and Bitdefender.
I think you have email Extendia for a trial and be prepared for some waiting i remember correctly.
Extendia uses Kav+Rav engines, AntiVirenKit uses Kav+Bitdefender engines.
EDIT: You were quicker Vikingstorm, damn these old fingers.
Separate names with a comma.