AVK help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Reishtak, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reishtak

Reishtak Registered Member

hi there, ive been thinking of changing my antivirus program for a while now. have been running on panda, but have fallen out with it.

so i read the guides on the site and have been trialling some out. only i now have a problem with the AVK trial i downloaded.

first off, my german isnt great - i.e. i cant really configure the program properly. so i figured that the sensible thing to do would be to uninstall it and change to another program.

except i cant uninstall the damn thing. whenever i try to uninstall (from either the startmenu link, the folder itself, or thru add/remove programs), i get an error box that says:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (476)
    pAPP:AntiVirenKit
    PVENDOR:G DATA
    PGUID:31e9ac0d-24c4-4a6d-81d7-290263e3c132$10.1.0.244
    @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 232.64

so i click ok on that window (dont understand it btw), and then i get a window with another error message in it (in german) which basically tells me to clean out the temp folder cos there was an error in the setup etc. and then the setup exits.... the only thing of use in this second window is that it says

/edit (heres the second window in full)

beim setup ist ein fehler aufgetreten.

gehen sie folgendermaßen vor:
    - schließsn sie alle laufenden programme.
    - löschen sie den inhalt des temporären ordners.
    - Überprüfen sie ihre internetverbindung (bei internetbasiertem setup).

Flischercode -5001

/edit/

i cant seem to get rid of the systray icon either - ending the processes is blocked from windows task manager. ive tried the thing in safe mode - here the ssytray icons wernt present, but the same errors still occurred when i tried to uninstall it.

can ne1 help pls!!!o_O!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Hi

Don't know if this helps.

the message basically says

an error has occured with setup
    do the following
    -close all running processes
    -delete temporary folder files
    -check internet connection (if you have one)

Don't know if this means it needs to connect to the internet to uninstall.

Also, don't know if processes can't be terminated because it has a service running. Check if you can see a service for it which you can stop using administrative tools-services.

3. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Have you tried running the Setup again? I can't remember exactly if it gives you the option to uninstall or not but do a full re-install and be connected to the internet. Then boot into safemode and try to uninstall it from there. I have installed and uninstalled AVK about 50-75 times with no issues what so ever.
    Also if you need to really kill the services and such, search google for a tool called KillBox, it works great.
    HTH

4. Reishtak

Reishtak Registered Member

nope, reinstalling gives the same error at the same point. also tried with a new setup package freshly downloaded frm their server - no joy.

need to get this sorted somehow before the 30 day trial expires lol PLS HELP!!!!

thanks in advance

5. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

Hi Reishtak, not sure if this will help you, but right-clicking on the AVK tray icon with the licensed English-language version offers two choices: the top one says "Configure" and the bottom one "Disable" - if you can disable the monitor the tray icon should go away, and it may uninstall easier for you then.

EDIT: Actually the tray icon doesn't go away by disabling the monitor, it puts a red X thru the icon, it can be disabled thru the AVK main GUI.

From the AVK help file regarding installation:
    "If you already have other antivirus software on your computer before you install AVK (e.g. programs from other antivirus manufacturers or even free virus protection software downloaded from the Internet), it is ESSENTIAL that you uninstall these and restart your computer BEFORE INSTALLING AVK. Unfortunately, the individual properties specific to antivirus programs mean that running more than one antivirus product at a time always causes considerable problems."

Also, the help file uninstall instructions follow, though it seems you may have tried these already:

Uninstallation
    To uninstall AVK, simply click on "Uninstall" in the AVK program group, accessed via the Start menu. The program will then be uninstalled automatically.

Alternatively, you can uninstall the program from the Windows Control Panel. To do this, click on "Start" in the Windows taskbar and select "(Settings >) Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs". The window that opens will allow you to highlight "AntiVirusKit 2005" with the mouse and then click on the "Add/Remove" button to uninstall the program.

Note: If you still have files in the AVK quarantine area during the uninstallation process, you will be asked if you wish to delete these files. If you do not delete the files, they will remain encrypted in a special AVK folder on your computer where they cannot do any damage. These files will only be available for editing once AVK has been reinstalled on your computer.

Note: During the uninstallation process, you will be asked if you wish to delete the program settings and logs. If you do not delete these files, you will be able to use the logs and settings again when AVK has been reinstalled.

Close the AVK uninstallation process by clicking on the "Exit" button. AVK is now completely uninstalled from your system.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.